PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Part two of Baylor 247's free breakdown on SMU is up

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Part two of Baylor 247's free breakdown on SMU is up

Postby Stallion » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:35 am

TCU got screwed-especially with the almost identical call made against TCU but not against Baylor late in the 4th Q. If I was official I'd be throwing flags all day on your DBs-but hey you get away with it sometimes
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Part two of Baylor 247's free breakdown on SMU is up

Postby WordUpBU » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:54 am

Stallion wrote:TCU got screwed-especially with the almost identical call made against TCU but not against Baylor late in the 4th Q. If I was official I'd be throwing flags all day on your DBs-but hey you get away with it sometimes

TCU got away with some PI too, got a fumble off a face mask no call, and clipped Petty on the INT return. If they were better their coach would not be throwing desperation fades on 4th down or saying "we knew we couldn't stop them".

TTCU may complain about that call but got the benefit of several too. Screwed implies they were clearly a better team head to head. That's laughable looking at the LOS, the difference in yards, and who could impose their will when it counted.
WordUpBU
All-American

Postby Stallion » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:04 am

didn't quite work out for you in West Virginia though. 215 yards in penalties-8 interference calls-they were no more egregious than TCU in Baylor game. Big 12 Officials decided Big 12-somebody should be fired
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby WordUpBU » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:29 am

Stallion wrote:didn't quite work out for you in West Virginia though. 215 yards in penalties-8 interference calls-they were no more egregious than TCU in Baylor game. Big 12 Officials decided Big 12-somebody should be fired

1- Petty having a horrible game vs single coverage was bigger than the penalties. 1/19 vs cover zero NEVER happens with this offense but did that day. Hit 3 of those early like most games and WV is reeling.

2- Not having solo cover ability from the nickel LB limited how much help we could give on that 1st rd WR. That also played a bigger role than PI.

3- Some PI were legit in Bu/Wv, several were not, TCU was outplayed either way in Waco and it was not closes in the trenches.

We aren't going to agree here but hopefully it's a good game in Dallas for all involved.
WordUpBU
All-American

Postby JasonB » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:47 am

Didn't TCU blow a 21 point 4th quarter lead? I wouldn't call that outplayed.

Weird stuff happens at WV. Tough place to play. The officials get more intimidated by the crowd there than other locations.
JasonB

Postby WordUpBU » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:35 am

JasonB wrote:Didn't TCU blow a 21 point 4th quarter lead? I wouldn't call that outplayed.

Weird stuff happens at WV. Tough place to play. The officials get more intimidated by the crowd there than other locations.

TCU was up 21 for 1 minute of game clock and it was 14 points with 10 minutes to go.

They got dominated statistically despite heavy advantages in turnovers and two non offensive scores. They got stuffed on the ground. Other than a run BU blitzed out of position on TCU averaged around 3.5 per carry and BU was rattling off consistent 5+ gains throughout the night. BU threw for more yards than TCU had total yards. If either team can say a large chunk of their points were off lucky bounces, it wasn't Bu.
WordUpBU
All-American

Previous

Return to Football