PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Shawn Oakman suspended

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Shawn Oakman suspended

Postby PonyTime » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:03 am

Baylor Fans in meltdown mode that they won't beat us by as much as they had hoped...the general sentiment is "at least we're playing SMU this week"

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295085&page=8
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby docabel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:24 am

My guess is that they both did something minor and stupid. By handing down these suspensions Baylor can now look "tough" as the repercussions come down in the Ukwuachu cover up.
docabel
Heisman

Postby Cort » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:30 am

docabel wrote:My guess is that they both did something minor and stupid. By handing down these suspensions Baylor can now look "tough" as the repercussions come down in the Ukwuachu cover up.

Cut his A-$-$
Cort
Junior Varsity

Postby footballdad » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:15 am

GiddyUp wrote:
Stallion wrote:He hasn't thrown for over 48.1 passing percentage in any of his final 3 starts. He threw 3 TD passes all year. Everybody knows he's an unbelievable athlete and outstanding runner-what he has never proven is that he knows what the [deleted] he is doing in the passing game. One of the least prepared QBs in SMU History. Yeah-watch him run right-watch him run left but can he play QB? His passing percentage is about 45% over the last 3 games in a high percentage passing offense
you are really going to take his stats seriously last year in that sh!it show we had?!? He has had like 5 OCs

Stallion just loves to rag on Davis and Colbert for some strange reason. :?:

Loves him some TCU though!
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunasHoof » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:27 am

footballdad wrote:
GiddyUp wrote:
Stallion wrote:He hasn't thrown for over 48.1 passing percentage in any of his final 3 starts. He threw 3 TD passes all year. Everybody knows he's an unbelievable athlete and outstanding runner-what he has never proven is that he knows what the [deleted] he is doing in the passing game. One of the least prepared QBs in SMU History. Yeah-watch him run right-watch him run left but can he play QB? His passing percentage is about 45% over the last 3 games in a high percentage passing offense
you are really going to take his stats seriously last year in that sh!it show we had?!? He has had like 5 OCs

Stallion just loves to rag on Davis and Colbert for some strange reason. :?:

Loves him some TCU though!

He wasn't good last year. Some of that (how much is debatable) is on the coaching staff and system.

Do I agree with JasonB and think he's going to have like 3,500 yards this year? No. But I sure hope he's better than last year because I want to win some games this year, so I'm certainly not rooting against him. But the reality is, last year he was awful to watch.

Just be thankful Stallion hasn't started dissecting the other legacy QB's on the roster :)

But who cares, I am ready to leave work and get to the boulevard!
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby WordUpBU » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:46 am

Nance is listed as the backup to Oakman but KJ Smith started at the other spot for half of 2014 when Palmer went down. Don't be shocked if they slide him over.
WordUpBU
All-American

Postby malonish » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Cort wrote:dude doesn't fit in his pads

He needs some deflate gate.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:23 pm

If I was Baylor I would have him on the sideline so I could keep my eye on him and make sure he isn't out doing it again.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ghost » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:57 pm

I am sure the SMU players, coaches and fans are disappointed. You always want to play against and see the other teams best. Kinda like when Emmitt Smith would be pulled at halftime when his team had big leads...the other teams and their fans WANTED to see him play and would complain, even if it meant running up the score. If Seth Russell can throw for 1000 yards this game and score 100 then more power to him. We can say we were there to see it. vWe don't need no pity party.
ghost
All-American

Postby gostangs » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Davis better be in shape, cause he is going to be running when we want him to run and running when we don't want him to run. The defference is when he jogged back to the sideline to chat with tiki hut, he'd be bitched out for running, and now he will be knighted.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football