PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Question

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:53 pm

While we are holding our Sunday after a loss gripe fest, I would like to know why they limited exiting the stadium to just gate 3 on the west side. I typically walk in the concourse, north, to the end zone area and exit. It keeps fans from rushing me for an autograph. Get all the way to the end and they say we have to go back and exit gate 3. There was no issue in heading north outside the stadium, just could not exit north through gate 4 or beyond, only gate 3.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Question

Postby Junior » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:54 pm

Because our game day presentation sucks
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby PerunasHoof » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:56 pm

I would assume it had something to do with the fireworks.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Fireworks.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby gostangs » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Fireworks were in a position to cause issues. Guess you had to mix with the little people. Hope it wasn't too much of a burden.
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:03 pm

BREAKING NEWS:
mrydel was tragically killed in a pyrotechnic explosion yesterday reminiscent of the fatal campus demise of the great Fawn Leibowitz who died from a kiln explosion
Last edited by Stallion on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Question

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:06 pm

So where is the difference in me walking out a gate next to the Paul Lloyd Center or walking on the sidewalk next to the Paul Lloyd Center?

I am sure it was about the fireworks but they made about 5 announcements for people to move to safe locations in the stadium. Could they not have added, "when exiting please exit gate 3"? There were hundreds walking to the end of the stadium and then being herded back.
mrydel

Postby PK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:21 pm

mrydel wrote:While we are holding our Sunday after a loss gripe fest, I would like to know why they limited exiting the stadium to just gate 3 on the west side. I typically walk in the concourse, north, to the end zone area and exit. It keeps fans from rushing me for an autograph. Get all the way to the end and they say we have to go back and exit gate 3. There was no issue in heading north outside the stadium, just could not exit north through gate 4 or beyond, only gate 3.

They had the area outside of the north end of the stadium blocked off with a fire engine stationed there. Therefore, exits at the north end were closed.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:29 pm

It is a minor gripe and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but gates 4and 5 for instance were locked and had yellow coats guarding them and there was nothing to do with the fireworks there. We were turned back to gate 3 and then walked north right past gates 4 and 5. Being the strong muscular, physically in shape man I am it was merely an inconvenience. But others are not as spry as I.
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:35 pm

I think mrydel is right.

With all of the announcements about the fireworks and asking people to vacate certain sections, it seems like at least one of the announcements could have included a request to exit the stadium through certain gates.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby malonish » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 am

I had to walk from gate 8 to 3 through a bunch of heckling JMU fans. I'd complain to somebody but the record of complaints to action is shoddy at best. I'd get an explanation about the fireworks and MAYBE an apology.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony147 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am

I understand why they did it, but a heads up prior to the end of the game would have been nice. Like Malonish, I walked across the stadium and the yellow shirts gave little to no explanation. It was a little frustrating
"[College] referees couldn't manage a White Castle." -Mark Cuban
Pony147
Heisman

Postby Dutch » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:56 am

mrydel wrote:It is a minor gripe and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but gates 4and 5 for instance were locked and had yellow coats guarding them and there was nothing to do with the fireworks there. We were turned back to gate 3 and then walked north right past gates 4 and 5. Being the strong muscular, physically in shape man I am it was merely an inconvenience. But others are not as spry as I.

email on 9/23 from the school. these aren't sent just for fun, they're so you can prepare for any gameday changes (like clear bags!).:

• A celebratory extravaganza and fireworks display wishing SMU a happy 100th birthday will immediately follow the game, so plan to stay for the show! Fans with seats in sections 213-228 will be asked to relocate at the end of the game to empty seats in the 100 level or the South End Zone for safety and improved viewing. Please note that Gates 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will not be accessible to exit the stadium during the fireworks show.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Not griping about not knowing gates would be closed, I'm griping about how I they closed them in the first place forcing me to walk past and with purple jerseys some of which heckled the entire way. They closed the gates for safety and put people in another unsafe environment.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:11 pm

malonish wrote:Not griping about not knowing gates would be closed, I'm griping about how I they closed them in the first place forcing me to walk past and with purple jerseys some of which heckled the entire way. They closed the gates for safety and put people in another unsafe environment.

What was the unsafe environment you were put in? Hecklers?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Football