PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Question

Postby PonySnob » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:16 pm

It certainly wasn't like being a Red Sox fan at Yankee stadium
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Potentially unsafe environments are unsafe environments. I don't throw random shots at opposing fans but unless you can say nobody would ever do that then you try to mitigate risk. I could describe what happened on my walk out but no one really cares.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:29 pm

malonish wrote:Potentially unsafe environments are unsafe environments. I don't throw random shots at opposing fans but unless you can say nobody would ever do that then you try to mitigate risk. I could describe what happened on my walk out but no one really cares.

What happened on your walk? Did stuff get thrown at you?
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Question

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Dutch wrote:
mrydel wrote:It is a minor gripe and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but gates 4and 5 for instance were locked and had yellow coats guarding them and there was nothing to do with the fireworks there. We were turned back to gate 3 and then walked north right past gates 4 and 5. Being the strong muscular, physically in shape man I am it was merely an inconvenience. But others are not as spry as I.

email on 9/23 from the school. these aren't sent just for fun, they're so you can prepare for any gameday changes (like clear bags!).:

• A celebratory extravaganza and fireworks display wishing SMU a happy 100th birthday will immediately follow the game, so plan to stay for the show! Fans with seats in sections 213-228 will be asked to relocate at the end of the game to empty seats in the 100 level or the South End Zone for safety and improved viewing. Please note that Gates 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will not be accessible to exit the stadium during the fireworks show.

I apologize for my complaint. In my defense I did title the thread "Question". I now have my answer. I do not recall seeing this email but odds are that it was sent to me.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby 2ndandlong » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Dutch wrote:
mrydel wrote:It is a minor gripe and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but gates 4and 5 for instance were locked and had yellow coats guarding them and there was nothing to do with the fireworks there. We were turned back to gate 3 and then walked north right past gates 4 and 5. Being the strong muscular, physically in shape man I am it was merely an inconvenience. But others are not as spry as I.

email on 9/23 from the school. these aren't sent just for fun, they're so you can prepare for any gameday changes (like clear bags!).:

• A celebratory extravaganza and fireworks display wishing SMU a happy 100th birthday will immediately follow the game, so plan to stay for the show! Fans with seats in sections 213-228 will be asked to relocate at the end of the game to empty seats in the 100 level or the South End Zone for safety and improved viewing. Please note that Gates 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will not be accessible to exit the stadium during the fireworks show.

Dutch Vandersloot, voice of reason.
"This is . . . dedication to distraction by fans. Is that what I'm going to go with Jay?"
"That poor kid has to be wondering what is dad doing."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XknLDwj0dSo
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby smupony94 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:43 pm

2nd lives
smupony94

Postby 2ndandlong » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:57 pm

smupony94 wrote:2nd lives

I reinjured my back, got all hopped up on goofballs, and wandered back over here. I'll sober up and go home shortly.
"This is . . . dedication to distraction by fans. Is that what I'm going to go with Jay?"
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby Dutch » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:50 pm

2ndandlong wrote:

I reinjured my back, got all hopped up on goofballs, and wandered back over here. I'll sober up and go home shortly.

that would be best. you'll need xanax to stay here.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Dutch wrote:
2ndandlong wrote:

I'll have whatever Pony Boss is having
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby 2ndandlong » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:34 pm

2ndandlong wrote:
Dutch wrote:

Dutch Vandersloot, unlikely voice of reason.
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:57 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
Dutch wrote:
2ndandlong wrote:[quote="smupony94"]2nd lives

I'll have whatever Pony Boss is having[/quote]
Alcohol?
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Dutch » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 pm

2ndandlong wrote:
2ndandlong wrote:
Dutch wrote:[quote="mrydel"]It is a minor gripe and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but gates 4and 5 for instance were locked and had yellow coats guarding them and there was nothing to do with the fireworks there. We were turned back to gate 3 and then walked north right past gates 4 and 5. Being the strong muscular, physically in shape man I am it was merely an inconvenience. But others are not as spry as I.

Dutch Vandersloot, unlikely voice of reason.
[/quote] turn off your electronic devices. You're now just blank quoting yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby fifty » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:49 pm

I never got the extravaganza gate closed email. Maybe i need more MC points to get email notices
fifty
Heisman

Postby 2ndandlong » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Dutch wrote: turn off your electronic devices. You're now just blank quoting yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I was editing my post, but I quoted my original as a throwback to the days when you could count posts.
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby smupony94 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Yeah
smupony94

PreviousNext

Return to Football