PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Any news about line size

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Any news about line size

Postby BUS » Tue Jul 10, 2001 11:06 am

From last year to the Red Blue game our O & D line showed increases in size that were notable.

My question is... With the last 3 to 4 months in the weight room, have the linemen continued to get bigger or did they level off.

If anyone knows current height and weight stats please reply!!

Go Cavan and Staff
Beat La. Tech
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Any news about line size

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2001 6:31 pm

Their size has not increased a great deal, but their strength and conditioning has increased dramatically.

If you have a chance to, everyone ought to come out and take a look at the team during the summer, or at least what is left of it. But, if not then I guess just wait until two-a-days or fall.

I really enjoy the new found enthusiasm of the lineman, as I know quite a few. They are really psyched about strappung it on for the Tech of Lousiana

SMU MUSTANGS : GO HARD OR GO HOME.

Postby Corso » Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:42 pm

I've heard that many players (at many positions) have strapped on 15-20 pounds of muscle since the end of last season. One lineman (don't know who) reportedly has added over 25 (maybe one of the young guys who is working hard and also growing into his frame?) And there are reports that a couple of linemen who had a little too much around the waistline have lost some body fat and redistributed their weight in raw muscle mass. Looking forward to seeing the difference this fall.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby No Cal Pony » Wed Jul 25, 2001 3:26 pm

Let's hope the size has gotten bigger. Lord knows our qbs have taken a beating in all our past seasons. Hope, too, spirits remain high. Seems like we have some good kids.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Return to Football