PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ECU attendance

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ECU attendance

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:24 pm

mrydel wrote:You can block him yourself if you wish to. Just "foe" him in your settings.

Never thought I'd see the day you were given technical advice but it is good haha. You can't teach an old dog new tricks
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:25 pm

I am a techno savant
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:33 pm

apparently you can't do that via Tapatalk
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:46 pm

Had to log in both names to do that the old fashion way.

$Click
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:46 pm

SMU_Alumni11 wrote:Charleston Pony, I respectfully disagree with you. Seeing the transformation of Moody pre-Lb to now was huge. The main reason was due to the excitement of the players we gained and how they won. We attracted celebrities to the games. After seeing the Baylor and UNT games, I thought we had a great crowd despite the drama of June Jones and going 1-11. The kids actually showed up to the games till we lost to JMU. I have hope that Chad can get the program looking decent next year and continue to market to the kids we will see a transformation again. I'm generally not an optimist by nature but I really do believe in the message CM is sending and I'm going to ride it and pray it works out for us.

I've never said we can't get to the point where we can pack Ford for most of our games. In fact, when Ford Stadium was built, I said it was a perfect fit for SMU because I did not think we would EVER again pack a 60-70k stadium (as we occasionally did when we played in the Cotton Bowl and Texas Stadium). I was on record as saying the same thing about Moody (downsize in a remodel to as little as 6k from the 10k we used to pack into Moody when I was a student). My point regarding our attendance is that, with a few exceptions, it has been poor in the modern era of SMU athletics (ever since I've followed SMU which dates back to the early 60's). Our lack of a large fan base really hurts our recruiting and makes for a very disappointing game day atmosphere. I remain optimistic that Chad Morris & Co can build a program that will attract a base of 20k that will support this team no matter who we play. If/when that happens, I expect near sellout crowds when we play Houston or other former SWC mates and strong crowds (which for us I will define as 25k plus) for significant AAC games. I think having more student housing on campus located so close to Ford/Moody will help over the long haul. My overall point regarding attendance is that while many on this board think we belong playing alongside the P-5 schools, our lack of a large fan following is what brought us to the level we are at and is keeping us there. TCU was in the same boat we were in when the SWC broke up but they decided to do something about it and look where they are now. I will be pleased if we can get to a point where we can pack our venues with our own fans and Ford Stadium and the new Moody at least give us a chance. I'm actually looking forward to the day I tune in to watch my Mustangs and actually see a strong crowd on the east side of Ford...not wearing the visitor's colors.
Charleston Pony

Postby footballdad » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:51 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:Had to log in both names to do that the old fashion way.

Later football dad

Later :x
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:56 pm

footballdad wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:Had to log in both names to do that the old fashion way.

Later football dad

Later :x

Doesn't work on Tapatalk haha
You're still there

One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:06 pm

If someone quotes him it will still show the quote. It should block the original posts.

Personally I do not block anyone. If people want to be fools it is fine with me.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:11 pm

mrydel wrote:If someone quotes him it will still show the quote. It should block the original posts.

Personally I do not block anyone. If people want to be fools it is fine with me.

I have never wanted to give anyone the honor of being blocked no matter how annoying.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:38 pm

I want to block myself
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:16 pm

mrydel wrote:If someone quotes him it will still show the quote. It should block the original posts.

Why quote you
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:16 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:

I have never wanted to give anyone the honor of being blocked no matter how annoying.

blocking your [deleted] too lol
One Trick Pony

Postby GiddyUp » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Officially FOE'D! Glad you aren't my dad! Only 2nd poster I have had to foe. Congrats.

Attendance is no surprise whatsoever if you have followed SMU. Next year we should be able to hang w/ some of these teams a little more.

Go Rangers!!
GiddyUp

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:54 pm

GiddyUp wrote:Officially FOE'D! Glad you aren't my dad! Only 2nd poster I have had to foe. Congrats.

Attendance is no surprise whatsoever if you have followed SMU. Next year we should be able to hang w/ some of these teams a little more.

Go Rangers!!

Who was your first to foe?
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football