PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ECU attendance

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ECU attendance

Postby Statler » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:32 pm

PlanoStang wrote:
GiddyUp wrote:Its football dads fault?! :)

Probably the National Corrupt Rassrole AssO.'s fault :!: :lol: :lol:

Hey that'sy line 8)
Statler
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:47 am

I would submit that our fan base (our loyal fan base, that is) may be among the most hard core fans in college athletics. We haven't had much to get excited about for the better part of almost 30 years, but still come back for more. BUT...trying to defend our lack of support is ridiculous. There are just very few people who care about SMU athletics compared to what the norm has become in big time college athletics. I could not believe Clemson packed the house for their game last night in what amounted to dangerous weather conditions here in SC. And I don't want to hear we would have great attendance if we played teams and games that matter. If we had strong fan support for the program, Ford would be packed no matter who we were playing. It is what it is and will be a huge factor Chad & Co will have to overcome. Long live the 1500
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:26 am

footballdad wrote:
SMU_Alumni11 wrote:I can't say I blame the fans. Teams spiraling downward. Our offense is sucking, defense blows as usual and our special teams aren't doing much better. I hope Chad kicks some of these talentless kids off the team next year and get in D-1 kids so we aren't wasting the universities money. What the hell is up with Matt Davis... throw it out of bounds!!!

Fans suck as bad as the team. Embarrassing lack of support. Morris play calling after the second quarter...nobody gonna criticize that? Malone and defense totally unprepared once the backup QB came in. Etc, etc, etc

Yeah imagine the fan base we'd have if everyone like you who vanishes after junior is done would actually stick around
RGV Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:28 am

I'm pretty sure it's 1502 now
You have to add Cox Mustang fan and Ponyboss
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:04 am

RGV Pony wrote:
footballdad wrote:
SMU_Alumni11 wrote:I can't say I blame the fans. Teams spiraling downward. Our offense is sucking, defense blows as usual and our special teams aren't doing much better. I hope Chad kicks some of these talentless kids off the team next year and get in D-1 kids so we aren't wasting the universities money. What the hell is up with Matt Davis... throw it out of bounds!!!

Fans suck as bad as the team. Embarrassing lack of support. Morris play calling after the second quarter...nobody gonna criticize that? Malone and defense totally unprepared once the backup QB came in. Etc, etc, etc

Yeah imagine the fan base we'd have if everyone like you who vanishes after junior is done would actually stick around

Might want to read Charleston Pony comments above and ask yourself why "there are just very few people who care about SMU athletics." Unfortunately SMU isn't a situation where you 'just win' and become a Baylor or TCU. The Morris era will be a flash in the pan, similar to the Larry Brown era, probably 2-4 years max.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:05 am

At least for you hopefully
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Arkpony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:16 am

mrydel wrote:At least for you hopefully

Amen! I can read the message and not even have to see who the poster is.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby GiddyUp » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 am

Time to block football dad. What a waste of time reading your comments.
GiddyUp

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:27 am

really pretty amazing that a parent of a player can be so publicly negative. I feel sorry for your son
Charleston Pony

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:12 pm

GiddyUp wrote:Time to block football dad. What a waste of time reading your comments.

Amen! The mods really need to wake up and ban footballdad. SMU is different than 99% of sites. Sites at schools like UT, Kansas, et al. are going to inherently have masses of t-shirt and drive by fans and posters. SMU on the other hand is a smaller group of people that want to see the University get better. Posters like FBD carry a disproportionately sour weight and need to go. I'm sincerely sorry that his son had no better options than SMU and I'm sorry that his dreams of seeing Jr. on the big stage didn't happen, but people on this site want to see SMU do well and God willing, will be here long after current coaches and administrators (and hopefully him). Stop trying to collect advertising dollars and be done with him. You're embarrassing the site.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Block who? Has anyone called for deaths or violent illegal acts? Something terrible to happen to players? Just ignore the turd. Larger schools sites have far worse trolls.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:33 pm

All that may be true FD but if it sucks so bad why did you allow your son to come here. For a bright Financial VP doesn't make any sense. Hey my son wasn't good enough to play at Texas either but I didn't stay pissed off at the rest of the community because of it
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:41 pm

You can block him yourself if you wish to. Just "foe" him in your settings.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Arkpony » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:47 pm

mrydel wrote:You can block him yourself if you wish to. Just "foe" him in your settings.

Thanks! Done! Enough is definitely enough.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby SMU_Alumni11 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Charleston Pony, I respectfully disagree with you. Seeing the transformation of Moody pre-Lb to now was huge. The main reason was due to the excitement of the players we gained and how they won. We attracted celebrities to the games. After seeing the Baylor and UNT games, I thought we had a great crowd despite the drama of June Jones and going 1-11. The kids actually showed up to the games till we lost to JMU. I have hope that Chad can get the program looking decent next year and continue to market to the kids we will see a transformation again. I'm generally not an optimist by nature but I really do believe in the message CM is sending and I'm going to ride it and pray it works out for us.
SMU_Alumni11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football