PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Interior of O line got pushed around

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Interior of O line got pushed around

Postby Stallion » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:23 pm

interesting in Morris' press conference he singled out Chad Pursley as one player who was given a chance and has earned permanent playing time due to a good performance. Hadn't heard that mentioned. Hey at least some younger lineman may be developing-hard to see it from afar last week
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ClickClack » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Coach Craddock also mentioned of the 8 sacks against ECU, only 3 or 4 were attributed to the O Line and the remainder were combination of Matt holding on to the ball or the WR's.

Considering McCarty was our starting LG and Hyder and Natour were the backups and they were both unavailable, Barnes was really a last resort...he is still way too weak to be playing D1 football.

If Briggs is healthy, I wonder if they would consider moving Pursley to LG in effort to get the best starting 5 out there.
ClickClack
All-American

Postby PoconoPony » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:11 pm

With out looking at the game film, my recollection is that Lasecki had a very bad day constantly getting pushed back into the QB and frequently being beaten. For this reason the O line could not establish any semblance of a pocket or give Davis any seams in which to run. There were several series in the second half where he was beaten so badly that he just watched his man make a sack standing there with his hands on his hips. One cannot put all the blame on him; however, he will need to do a better job if the offense is to have any chances to execute.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:35 pm

Pursley is a tackle, I wouldn't start switching positions on him. Honestly, 71 should be our best lineman out there. If he gets beat for playing time, I would chalk it up to injury or him doing really really poorly rather than someone beating him out. It isn't a good thing.

Kind of surprised they tried Barns at guard. He did well at center in the spring when we moved Lasecki to guard. May be a moot point this week with players getting healthy.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JoeKidd » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:29 am

JasonB wrote:Pursley is a tackle, I wouldn't start switching positions on him. Honestly, 71 should be our best lineman out there. If he gets beat for playing time, I would chalk it up to injury or him doing really really poorly rather than someone beating him out. It isn't a good thing.

Kind of surprised they tried Barns at guard. He did well at center in the spring when we moved Lasecki to guard. May be a moot point this week with players getting healthy.

Interesting that Pursley got lineman of the week, he must be playing well right now. Good to see some young guys growing and beating out older guys...this bodes well for the future.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football