PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Just have to be patient and recruit, recruit, recruit

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Just have to be patient and recruit, recruit, recruit

Postby SMU_Alumni11 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:44 pm

I truly believe that Allen High school Varsity possibly JV team could scorch this defense. Our offense maybe get a few more touchdowns than them. Seriously it's sad the some of these kids think they're D-1 talent. I really wish Morris would just burn some red shirts and kick JJ's crap players to the curb especially on defense.
SMU_Alumni11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:21 pm

I just think some of our expectations need to to be adjusted.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alumni11 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:26 pm

I don't know. I really really hate our defense. I won't be like the guys that people mention at the prior game who were berating them publicly but I will on a forum. I really do think if we played Allen's varsity team, we would lose by a touchdown or two. What that says about NTCC is that the JV team could beat them.
SMU_Alumni11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:28 pm

I'm taking this all in pretty calmly this year-how about you. This is a rebuild-it can be fun to watch the players grow. No expectations this year. Just get the youngsters on the field and watch them develop. don't give a damn about redshirting if they are physically able to contribute. You want 16-18 3 year starters in about 3 years. That's how you overcome teams that may have out-recruited you in first few years of the rebuild. We are way ahead of schedule on offense and a year behind on defense because of the short stick Morris gave Malone in recruiting. Next year there are going to be defensive youngsters all over the field. This is how its always been done for a total rebuild. Too bad Clemnons and the other kid got hurt last week
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMU_Alumni11 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:38 pm

Stallion wrote:I'm taking this all in pretty calmly this year-how about you. This is a rebuild-it can be fun to watch the players grow. No expectations this year. Just get the youngsters on the field and watch them develop. don't give a damn about redshirting if they are physically able to contribute. You want 16-18 3 year starters in about 3 years. That's how you overcome teams that may have out-recruited you in first few years of the rebuild. We are way ahead of schedule on offense and a year behind on defense because of the short stick Morris gave Malone in recruiting. Next year there are going to be defensive youngsters all over the field. This is how its always been done for a total rebuild. Too bad Clemnons and the other kid got hurt last week

I agree. I'm just annoyed with the defense. I just feel like there is a lack of effort or smarts. Sadly after the first 3 games, my expectations went from what you were saying above to "I'm going to stick up for us to the DMN and other social media people." It's definitely a rebuild year, and Chad has done excellent job of broadcasting a message of hope and showing it through recruiting. I'm still trying to get off my latter expectations back to my original. I'm just going to have a few here and there rants.
SMU_Alumni11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:39 pm

Bad day. Haven't seen it mentioned that Robert Seals and Jarvis Pruitt were suspended for today. Wood still didn't play. Then Yenga out early with the ejection. For a defense already reeling, that was not a good turn of events for an already thin group. On offense, no Chauncey Briggs again. Lots of shuffling on the O Line the past two weeks. whatever stability we had at TCU on offense left us today. Would like to think we could get the offensive line back on track at least, but might need the bye week to do it.
Hoop Fan

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:44 pm

The defense was pretty bad today, but they did make a couple of stops but then the offense totally disappeared and nothing came of them.

Just a bad bad bad game all around today once Eastern Carolina switched quarterbacks.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:54 am

Hoop Fan wrote:Bad day. Haven't seen it mentioned that Robert Seals and Jarvis Pruitt were suspended for today. Wood still didn't play. Then Yenga out early with the ejection. For a defense already reeling, that was not a good turn of events for an already thin group. On offense, no Chauncey Briggs again. Lots of shuffling on the O Line the past two weeks. whatever stability we had at TCU on offense left us today. Would like to think we could get the offensive line back on track at least, but might need the bye week to do it.

We're also trying to patch things up at OG.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby JoeKidd » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:08 am

Hoop Fan wrote:Bad day. Haven't seen it mentioned that Robert Seals and Jarvis Pruitt were suspended for today. Wood still didn't play. Then Yenga out early with the ejection. For a defense already reeling, that was not a good turn of events for an already thin group. On offense, no Chauncey Briggs again. Lots of shuffling on the O Line the past two weeks. whatever stability we had at TCU on offense left us today. Would like to think we could get the offensive line back on track at least, but might need the bye week to do it.

Does anybody know why Seals or Pruitt were suspended for the last game and will they be back this week?
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:21 am

I do know why on Seals and Pruitt, but not my place to say. I will say this though, seemed very minor to me (kid stuff) and you wouldn't think any less of them for it. In fact, I don't think there is any way in the world that Gary Patterson would have suspended anyone for it. So give credit to our coaches for running a very tight ship and demanding discipline. I do think Seals and Pruitt will be back this week and we need the depth.
Hoop Fan

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:27 am

Hoop Fan wrote:I do know why on Seals and Pruitt, but not my place to say. I will say this though, seemed very minor to me (kid stuff) and you wouldn't think any less of them for it. In fact, I don't think there is any way in the world that Gary Patterson would have suspended anyone for it. So give credit to our coaches for running a very tight ship and demanding discipline. I do think Seals and Pruitt will be back this week and we need the depth.

While they would not have made a difference in whether we won or not in the ECU game it will be nice to have more depth at DE. However , it would be better to have a serious play-maker at DE.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby JoeKidd » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 am

Rebel10 wrote:
Hoop Fan wrote:I do know why on Seals and Pruitt, but not my place to say. I will say this though, seemed very minor to me (kid stuff) and you wouldn't think any less of them for it. In fact, I don't think there is any way in the world that Gary Patterson would have suspended anyone for it. So give credit to our coaches for running a very tight ship and demanding discipline. I do think Seals and Pruitt will be back this week and we need the depth.

While they would not have made a difference in whether we won or not in the ECU game it will be nice to have more depth at DE. However , it would be better to have a serious play-maker at DE.

Who would the serious playmaker be for next year that's on the roster or committed now?
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:10 am

JoeKidd wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

Who would the serious playmaker be for next year that's on the roster or committed now?

I just said it would be better to have a playmaker. Whoever it is will probably need a redshirt year to learn the defensive system if they are a true freshman but that is why I said it will take 3 recruiting classes because they may or may not be in next years class. Back to the players that were out. ECU had 3 starting O linemen and 5 defensive starters out for the SMU game according to the announcers. They had more depth than SMU had.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Previous

Return to Football