PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Memphis cracks Top 25 in Coaches' poll

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Memphis cracks Top 25 in Coaches' poll

Postby fifty » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:28 pm

I bet we give up at least 500yds rushing
fifty
Heisman

Postby mavsrage311 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Planter's Punch wrote:Even with UH and Memphis having high powered offenses, Navy could be the worst game of the season, NCAA record setting bad with zero passes

That already happened!
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:24 pm

I do love your tiger stripe helmets. I wish we had something similar like helmets with a sublimated coat of a wild mustang.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby leopold » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:34 pm

TigerJ wrote:
leopold wrote:
TigerJ wrote:Our joke of a team doesn't deserve top 25

Oh please.

You were coming onto our board telling us we're looking 'tasty' in the match-up at the end of the year a coupla games ago and you've done nothing but continue to win since then, so quit crying. Your team is undefeated and has beaten teams that have won against Miami and a Big Ten team and won at a USF team that hung around with FSU so congratulate them so don't act like a T-shirt fan and say 'joke of a team' - it makes you sound like an [deleted]. As an SMU fan I'd rather you go back to being an obnoxious [deleted] than a guy who doesn't know how to celebrate his team becoming successful - and heck yeah they deserve a spot in the top 25 as much as anybody.
As a native Memphian and someone who attended U of M be proud of Fuente and the Tigers - they deserve that. Even this board has complemented them and is proud the American has them reaching their potential. They don't need their own calling them names when there is enough loser non-alumnus UT and Ole Miss fans who are going to do that anyway.

I started whining in the 2nd quarter last Friday and defense started playing better. I will continue till the end of the season.

Great. Have fun with that. Go do it on MemphisTigers.org.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RebStang » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:09 am

fifty wrote:Sagarin also said mississippi was #1

Sagarin's algorithm doesn't take into account the fact that Ole Miss has a coach that hasn't figured out that his high school offense gets figured out by college defensive coordinators after about 4 or 5 games every year... nor does it take into account the fact that said coach hired an offensive line coach that is completely incompetent. Or the fact that said coach replaced his linebacker coach with an administrative staffer that has never had a job at an FBS level program and who has played a significant part in ruining one of the best secondaries in college football.
RebStang
All-American

Postby RebStang » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:12 pm

TigerJ wrote:
RebStang wrote:
fifty wrote:Sagarin also said mississippi was #1

Sagarin's algorithm doesn't take into account the fact that Ole Miss has a coach that hasn't figured out that his high school offense gets figured out by college defensive coordinators after about 4 or 5 games every year... nor does it take into account the fact that said coach hired an offensive line coach that is completely incompetent. Or the fact that said coach replaced his linebacker coach with an administrative staffer that has never had a job at an FBS level program and who has played a significant part in ruining one of the best secondaries in college football.

Bravo on Freeze. The former girls basketball coach has much to learn

Don't get me wrong - if Freeze actually gets his and the team's heads screwed on straight, Ole Miss could easily hang 70+ on Memphis and absolutely shut your offense down.
RebStang
All-American

Postby West Coast Johnny » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:32 pm

There is going to be a bidding war for Justin Fuente after this year. He'll have his choice of University of Miami, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, etc.
West Coast Johnny
All-American

Postby Arkpony » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 pm

West Coast Johnny wrote:There is going to be a bidding war for Justin Fuente after this year. He'll have his choice of University of Miami, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, etc.

Arkansas? No way!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:27 am

West Coast Johnny wrote:There is going to be a bidding war for Justin Fuente after this year. He'll have his choice of University of Miami, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, etc.

Arkansas's buyout is over $15,000,000 for the next couple of years. He ain't goin'.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby West Coast Johnny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:49 pm

TigerJ wrote:

All the rich boosters and anyone who matters have said money will not be an issue for Fuente. It is if he really finds a job he really likes.

We outbid Kentucky for Calipari. He was running for other reasons and plus it's UK.

Oh, you are the Memphis Troll. I've admired your work.
West Coast Johnny
All-American

Previous

Return to Football