PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Defensive Coordinator Van Malone

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Defensive Coordinator Van Malone

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:30 am

According to a recruiting article Duke Catalon is a bit slower than Sutton and similarly ran relays vs. 100s:
"During the spring of his sophomore year, he posted a time of 11.72 in the 100m, an extremely average time for one of the top running back prospects in the country, though it's not clear if Catalon even ran the 100m in more than one race. It appears that Catalon focuses instead on the 4x100m, in which he and his teammates posted a best of 44.04 in 2012, a decent time that suggests that Catalon is either faster in the relays than he was on his own, or that he has a couple of faster partners on the relay team who make up for his times."

When you're building a defense, do you sometimes need to recruit speed vs. "football players"? Stallion says the Ponies miss on the top speed guys but I presume they were also high 3-star to 4-star recruits.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby skyscraper » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 pm

The more I see this defense the more I hope chad goes out and gets one or two JUCOS
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby horsemanx » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 pm

It won't surprise me if Malone gets our points allowed by somewhere in the range of 7-10 points next season
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby White Helmet » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:16 pm

horsemanx wrote:It won't surprise me if Malone gets our points allowed by somewhere in the range of 7-10 points next season

I think you meant 70-100
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football