PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chicago ponyfans...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chicago ponyfans...

Postby smubrooks » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Is there a SMU bar or place where ponyfans will be gathering to watch the game Thursday?
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Re: Chicago ponyfans...

Postby RyanSMU98 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:18 pm

Do y'all usually organize something up there? I'm going to be in the Chicago area for a conference this week and would come into the city for a watch party if there was one.
"I don't think anyone around the country has any idea how good we are going to be." - Coach Justin Stepp

GO MUSTANGS!!!!
RyanSMU98
Heisman

Postby smubrooks » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:30 am

Anyone? SMU bar in Chicago?
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby smumustang11 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:44 am

For the couple of games that I was in Chicago for work, a bar called The Southern is where the SMU alums would meet up. I would check their alumni facebook page, but it's not always up to date.

The Southern is a solid spot and I think is possibly owned by a SMU alum. Hope this helps. PONYUP
I like sports and I don't care who knows.
smumustang11
Scout Team

Postby smu2004 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am

smumustang11 wrote:For the couple of games that I was in Chicago for work, a bar called The Southern is where the SMU alums would meet up. I would check their alumni facebook page, but it's not always up to date.

The Southern is a solid spot and I think is possibly owned by a SMU alum. Hope this helps. PONYUP

Is this true...I live like a 2 min walk away from the southern and didn't know this??
smu2004
Varsity

Postby smumustang11 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:01 am

smu2004 wrote:
smumustang11 wrote:For the couple of games that I was in Chicago for work, a bar called The Southern is where the SMU alums would meet up. I would check their alumni facebook page, but it's not always up to date.

Is this true...I live like a 2 min walk away from the southern and didn't know this??

This was about 2 years ago, but it was a solid contingent of ponies. I remember about 15-20 Mustang fans and some pretty decent fried chicken and bourbon. Not sure if it's still up and running.
I like sports and I don't care who knows.
smumustang11
Scout Team

Return to Football