PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Herman calling this game a battle for Texas recruiting

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Herman calling this game a battle for Texas recruiting

Postby Nacho » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 am

even if cougar high wins they are and always will be cougar high.
7-11 starts serving early coog fans.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:47 pm

CargoGunki wrote:
Nacho wrote:even if cougar high wins they are and always will be cougar high.
7-11 starts serving early coog fans.

You know your team is booty when you gotta bring up academics in a football discussion

Check back in 2017 when morris hits his stride and herman is UTs head coach since uh can only pay him p5 coordinator money.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby EastStang » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Just copy a picture of the scoreboard when UH ran up the score on us. And tell our guys, to make them pay. If we can get off to a good lead, UH might have a little pucker factor.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby couch 'em » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:56 pm

EastStang wrote:Just copy a picture of the scoreboard when UH ran up the score on us. And tell our guys, to make them pay. If we can get off to a good lead, UH might have a little pucker factor.

Not sure events happening when they were not yet born will be very motivating
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:11 pm

couch 'em wrote:
EastStang wrote:Just copy a picture of the scoreboard when UH ran up the score on us. And tell our guys, to make them pay. If we can get off to a good lead, UH might have a little pucker factor.

Not sure events happening when they were not yet born will be very motivating

So you don't find the 4th of July motivating!?
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby sacoog06 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:30 pm

This team had the biggest comeback of the bowl season, we didn't lose that many starters. They aren't going to fold because of a fast start
sacoog06

Postby Pony Boss » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Same as UNT, remind them of the 35-9 loss from last year and get revenge this Thursday.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:38 pm

Pony Boss wrote:Same as UNT, remind them of the 35-9 loss from last year and get revenge this Thursday.

I see your point but getting trashed by uh is nowhere near as humiliating as getting trashed by unt
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby sacoog06 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Pony Boss wrote:Same as UNT, remind them of the 35-9 loss from last year and get revenge this Thursday.

I don't think Morris has to say much to get SMU up for this game. Both rosters are mostly made of kids from Houston and Dallas. They all know people on the other team, and have played each other before. I'm sure there are kids that had offers from both schools or were snubbed by one.
sacoog06

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:41 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:
CargoGunki wrote:You know your team is booty when you gotta bring up academics in a football discussion

Check back in 2017 when morris hits his stride and herman is UTs head coach since uh can only pay him p5 coordinator money.

May not take that long. If Strong is gone after this year I'd say there is a decent chance Texas goes after him.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sacoog06 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:46 pm

03Mustang wrote:
vielsiehorsepower wrote:
CargoGunki wrote:You know your team is booty when you gotta bring up academics in a football discussion

May not take that long. If Strong is gone after this year I'd say there is a decent chance Texas goes after him.

I'm not sure it's an insult to say that your coach is so good that some other school will offer him more money. It happened to Briles and Sumlin. I think UH has had a pretty good record in making coaching hires since 2001. Even our failed coach won 8 games the season he was fired.
sacoog06

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Check back in 2017 when morris hits his stride and herman is UTs head coach since uh can only pay him p5 coordinator money.[/quote]

May not take that long. If Strong is gone after this year I'd say there is a decent chance Texas goes after him.[/quote]

No herman is a great coach. I was insulting his salary that your school gave him and their ability to keep that salary competitive.
I'm not sure it's an insult to say that your coach is so good that some other school will offer him more money. It happened to Briles and Sumlin. I think UH has had a pretty good record in making coaching hires since 2001. Even our failed coach won 8 games the season he was fired.[/quote]
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby sacoog06 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:02 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:

No herman is a great coach. I was insulting his salary that your school gave him and their ability to keep that salary competitive.

SMU is paying Morris 1.3M, and UH is paying Herman 1.35M. UH also gave Herman a much larger pool for assistant coaches. Highest in the G5.
sacoog06

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:05 pm

sacoog06 wrote:
vielsiehorsepower wrote:

SMU is paying Morris 1.3M, and UH is paying Herman 1.35M. UH also gave Herman a much larger pool for assistant coaches. Highest in the G5.

Morris is getting $2MM per year. No idea on the assistants though. And considering you guys actually sell tickets to help pay for that salary we probably shouldn't make fun of it. You're also probably the AAC's best hope this season to be the G-5 bid. If you do that, we all get money! We just need to keep Boise State and Toledo out.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby ghost » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:42 pm

It wasn't that long ago that one of the teams in this rivalry visited and was an overwhelming favorite but got their head handed to em with turnover after turnover on a televised Thursday night game! seems to have been around 2012.
ghost
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football