PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Back to the IPF Topic

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Back to the IPF Topic

Postby Stallion » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:35 pm

PonySnob wrote:Didn't realize that TCU had theirs back in 2007. Well before they were getting huge dollars from their conference affiliation. At least we have some nice new fountains and gazebos on campus!

TCU didn't regularly have 8-10,000 at their games either and all those facilities were built by private contributions. The question remains do SMU ALUMNI have the appetite to pay for P5 facilities. Its been a question in my mind for sometime. Its not my money so I can't really say I blame our alumni for not donating to the long shot SMU has to make the P5-but I also don't misdirect the criticism to the school and President who never made that promise in the first place. I'm thankful for the facilities we got and hopeful that we get the IPF
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Water Pony » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Stallion wrote:
PonySnob wrote:Didn't realize that TCU had theirs back in 2007. Well before they were getting huge dollars from their conference affiliation. At least we have some nice new fountains and gazebos on campus!

TCU didn't regularly have 8-10,000 at their games either and all those facilities were built by private contributions. The question remains do SMU ALUMNI have the appetite to pay for P5 facilities. Its been a question in my mind for sometime. Its not my money so I can't really say I blame our alumni for not donating to the long shot SMU has to make the P5-but I also don't misdirect the criticism to the school and President who never made that promise in the first place. I'm thankful for the facilities we got and hopeful that we get the IPF

And, I would be remiss if I didn't add that our new Natatorium is still in need of more donations.

:wink:
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Maybe the billion and change caused some unbridled donor fatigue
RGV Pony

Postby ebrooks11 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:53 pm

An IPF would be cool.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby SMU89 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:41 am

Water Pony wrote:
Stallion wrote:

And, I would be remiss if I didn't add that our new Natatorium is still in need of more donations.

True to form.
SMU89

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:56 am

Water Pony wrote:
Stallion wrote:

Wondered the same.
smusic 00

Postby JoeKidd » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:59 am

PonySnob wrote:Phil Bennett played football too although he did forget more than all of us will ever know.

He forgot all of it, which ended up being a problem.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby ebrooks11 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:25 am

I like IPFs.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby Puckhead48E » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:41 am

I love lamp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby SMUfrat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:21 pm

I am speaking with someone directly with the athletic office tomorrow about it.

Most of you on here just comment to complain or troll. It wasn't that hard to find a more direct answer. I assume it has not been scrapped. If there are setbacks, hopefully we will find ways to overcome them.

I will report back. Hopefully with positive news.
SMUfrat
Junior Varsity

Postby ebrooks11 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:29 pm

I've already forgotten what IPF stands for.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby mavsrage311 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:42 pm

I pee freely
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:52 pm

If we ever get one I may just go look at it every day in awe since they are so cool.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby ebrooks11 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:21 pm

An IPF would be good.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby ebrooks11 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:21 pm

Indigenous potato farmer.
ebrooks11