PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulane attendance

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tulane attendance

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:30 am

Mestengo wrote:
ALEX LIFESON wrote:Our group has season tickets in the blue section, it's always more sparse then the red seats. We may move down to the red seats, plus, it may help with those winds that are supposed to be gusting!

Please don't sit in my row ha ha ha

Don't kid yourself, we're heading right for you! :lol:
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 am

Senior night. Be there.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Today my guess is 14703.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Re: Tulane attendance -Menu

Postby BUS » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Red Beans and rice plus Gumbo - All Home made goodness as we send these seniors off with a win.

Plan on getting to the Boulevard about 3:30-4.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby malonish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:55 pm

4th Quarter Beans.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:13 pm

footballdad wrote:The Chad factor seems to have provided exactlly zero extra enthusiasm for the program, outside of the 1500 and some talking heads.

This year we had an exciting new coach, a better team, golf cart rides, better weather, and better start times.......yet no improvement in butts in seats.

Not sure I agree with those that say he knew exactly what he was getting into. Only time will tell, but he doesn't seem like a 'patient' guy.

You are a proven moron. I feel bad for your kid that has to deal with you, being an embarrassment and all.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:22 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
footballdad wrote:The Chad factor seems to have provided exactlly zero extra enthusiasm for the program, outside of the 1500 and some talking heads.

This year we had an exciting new coach, a better team, golf cart rides, better weather, and better start times.......yet no improvement in butts in seats.

Not sure I agree with those that say he knew exactly what he was getting into. Only time will tell, but he doesn't seem like a 'patient' guy.

You are a proven moron. I feel bad for your kid that has to deal with you, being an embarrassment and all.

I'm a moron, because you and your boyfriends won't show up to support the program? Gotcha.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Pony Boss wrote:

I understand your dislike for footballdad, but that doesn't change the fact that fundamentally what he said is correct.

We have well-documented, chronic attendance issues. Love the enthusiasm of golf cart rides. This problem is bigger than that. If we don't have some sort of marketing plan in place next year, especially against Liberty, Memphis and USF, we are bound to have skimpy crowds which undoubtedly influence Chad's commitment to SMU when other schools start inquiring, and we all know they will.

I'll add these 2 other points.

If it's true what I read that coach Mason was first notified that he was the new interim HC at the same time his players were reflects poorly on Hart and Turner.

To say we are going to construct an IPF and then retract said assurances because you are 'surprised' by the price tag reflects poorly on Hart and Turner.

I wonder if these two are adverse to confrontation and delivering bad news.
SoCal_Pony

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:47 pm

Hart told me point blank in front of many that we were ready to go with the IPF whenever we could come up with the money but we had a long way to go. This was very shortly after Chad was hired. I have no evidence of what he said to Chad but I cannot believe he would have told him otherwise while openly saying the opposite in public.
mrydel

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:51 pm

mrydel wrote:Hart told me point blank in front of many that we were ready to go with the IPF whenever we could come up with the money but we had a long way to go. This was very shortly after Chad was hired. I have no evidence of what he said to Chad but I cannot believe he would have told him otherwise while openly saying the opposite in public.

Understood, but it does appear that something changed as CM told earlier recruits about our impending IPF, now....not so much. So what changed?
SoCal_Pony

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Has anyone ever confirmed what a recruit was told. I doubt anyone on this board spoke with them about what they were promised.
mrydel

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:06 pm

mrydel wrote:Has anyone ever confirmed what a recruit was told. I doubt anyone on this board spoke with them about what they were promised.

Fair point.

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoops-visit-with-chad-morris/

go to 2:10. I agree this is hearsay and only 1 source, but there are more sources out there (probably all hearsay).

I do know from my so-called connected Dallas friends I was left with the impression it was much more imminent a year ago than it is today.
SoCal_Pony

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:08 pm

I saw elsewhere that the drop in oil has perhaps caused some hesitancy in donations. It will happen.
mrydel

Postby footballdad » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:10 pm

mrydel wrote:Hart told me point blank in front of many that we were ready to go with the IPF whenever we could come up with the money but we had a long way to go. This was very shortly after Chad was hired. I have no evidence of what he said to Chad but I cannot believe he would have told him otherwise while openly saying the opposite in public.

It's pretty clear what happened. Hart told Morris loudly 'they were ready to go with the IPF', and quietly followed up with 'whenever we could come up with money.' Morris, in all his new excitement, selectively chose to hear what he wanted to hear (his IPF was right around the corner), while also assuming a 'rich' school like SMU could certainly come up with the $ quickly.

There were many instances of recruits/last years commits, discussing this on social media, and also in some interviews with the Rivals & Scout guys if I recall correctly. Morris was selling it hard, and now, crickets.

Doesn't really matter at this point. We'll see where the chips fall with all these P5 openings, in a few weeks. Morris will likely be gone before a shovel is ever put in the ground.

Is what it is.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:16 pm

footballdad wrote:

It's pretty clear what happened. Hart told Morris loudly 'they were ready to go with the IPF', and quietly followed up with 'whenever we could come up with money.' Morris, in all his new excitement, selectively chose to hear what he wanted to hear (his IPF was right around the corner), while also assuming a 'rich' school like SMU could certainly come up with the $ quickly.

There were many instances of recruits/last years commits, discussing this on social media, and also in some interviews with the Rivals & Scout guys if I recall correctly. Morris was selling it hard, and now, crickets.

Doesn't really matter at this point. We'll see where the chips fall with all these P5 openings, in a few weeks. Morris will likely be gone before a shovel is ever put in the ground.

Is what it is.

How much longer is your son here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

PreviousNext

Return to Football