PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Marcus Walker

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Marcus Walker

Postby BUS » Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:21 pm

Just looked at 2001 signees and Marcus Walker from Bastrop LA. looks as if he could come right in and play.

Any information on him this summer. If he put on a good 15 pounds of muscle - he sure would help out the D-Line!!!!

Go Cavan and Staff

Beat La. Tech
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Marcus Walker

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jul 16, 2001 7:13 pm

We definitely need a 2 deep rotation at DT and right Post is the only guy with any experience backing up Croy & Birdwell. We need either Blagg or Walker to step up for us this year to have some depth in an area where we are definitely under-sized.

With our small DL, I'd like to see some more beef in the LB spots and hope D.D.Lee is healthy and can contribute this year!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby outlaw » Wed Jul 18, 2001 12:57 am

Not to put down anyone's confidence in young Marcus Walker, but i hear that he has not been able to finish the teams run-workouts. There are also reports that he has lost weight and looks a little soft. Hopefully the coaches will be able to whip this potential Red-Shirt into shape. On another note the other back-up d-tackle, J.D. Blagg, has only been to two workouts.
outlaw

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Wed Jul 18, 2001 11:00 am

what ever happened to Joseph Medlin? Did he graduate? I always like his strength and potential. And remember, Allan Adami played some DT in the spring, and even though he's light for a DT, he looked good.
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Postby graypony » Wed Jul 18, 2001 3:19 pm

Blagg was on a tractor all of June helping his uncle on his rice & soybean farm on the Mississippi R. He has just returned to Dallas.
He is actually in better shape than he has been in any July in the past 2 years, but his workouts, he admits, could not have been the same as if he had been in Dallas all summer.
He knows, more than anyone, that it is time for him to step up. He finished his first injury-free spring practice and hopefully, he can go through his first two-a-days without an injury. He is tired of disappointment, which has characterized his SMU career up to this point. He wants to play. I guess in a about 3 weeks we will see how bad he wants to play.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony4Life » Wed Jul 18, 2001 4:51 pm

graypony - thanks for the update. We all look forward to seeing JD suit up in the fall, because everyone who knows him has great things to say about him. Glad you got some work out of him on the farm, and here's hoping he has a real breakthrough year for the Ponies.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Pony88' » Thu Jul 19, 2001 2:50 pm

I heard that joseph medlin hasn't graduated. Someone told me that he suffered a herniated disc in the off-season workouts. I think he is going to be able to play in the fall. Does anyone else know anything about him?
Go RED AND BLUE
Pony88'

Postby SMUguy » Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:02 pm

I think he's working at the Daily Campus - maybe as sports editor? That's what someone told me, anyway.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Return to Football