PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Championship Run begins at Ford Stadium

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Championship Run begins at Ford Stadium

Postby PonyPride » Wed Jul 18, 2001 5:08 pm

OK, I know this is the football board, so this is a cheap trick on my part.

But I want everyone to know that the soccer programs -- especially the men -- at SMU are primed for a huge run this year, maybe all the way to the national championship. SMU has three of the top 10 or so players in the country, including midfielder Carl Bussey (injured), forward Mohamed Fahim and midfielder Diego Walsh, who I personally think is the best player in the country. Then you add in forward Luchi Gonzalez, goalkeeper Byron Foss, and the rest of the Ponies, and SMU has a GREAT team.

Promise me, PonyFans, that each and every one of you will make it to at least one soccer game this fall -- because I'm betting if you go to one, you'll be back for more.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Championship Run begins at Ford Stadium

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:59 pm

Count on me. I will make several games. The quality of play is very high. Those guys play hard and are fun to watch. Mustang fans can be proud of their soccer programs.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Re: Championship Run begins at Ford Stadium

Postby click » Wed Jul 18, 2001 11:19 pm

Those are great players, and you also added Jake Jackson from Greenville and Ryan Latham from Rockwall. Both are great Ryan led the metroplex in scoring and Jake is the best midfielder that I have seen play in the last 10 years. Count me in.
click
Scout Team

Return to Football