PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

David Moore

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: David Moore

Postby Junior » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Stallion wrote:Time to raise the standards around here-we saw 10 QBs perform better than any one of our QBs did last year. I don't think we have ANY quality backup QBs that really fit this offense. This was a major FAIL for this recruiting class that hopefully can be ameliorated by finding someone who can compete with Hicks to start in 2017. But its a BUST. Finding a QB that fits this offense this year was among the highest priorities. They didn't execute a backup plan either. I'm complimentary of the Staff when they do good things but they are going to have to flush this turd of a QB search. I'm patient though in that its really 2017 that we need another QB and there is time to pick up a Division 1A transfer before that.

For those of us that are not Mr. Smartypants:

a·me·lio·rate
əˈmēlyəˌrāt/Submit
verb
past tense: ameliorated; past participle: ameliorated
make (something bad or unsatisfactory) better.
"the reform did much to ameliorate living standards"
synonyms: improve, make better, better, make improvements to, enhance, help, benefit, boost, amend; More
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sbsmith » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:wasn't it McDermott who last beat TCU...at their place, no less?

Yep

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby malonish » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:wasn't it McDermott who last beat TCU...at their place, no less?

Before his body started to fall apart on him. Guy was tough as nails but when hurt he did not play so well. See: Bowl game after a good rest period. Outperformed the back half of the regular season pretty sure.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby StangUp » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:57 am

MadJack wrote:While I may be in the minority with what I am about to say, oh well. Aside from the "possible" issues with Moore, I am of the opinion that it is not necessarily a bad thing to not have a 2016 QB commit. First of all , you already have at least 4 QB's on scholarship, Davis will get every opportunity to hold onto his job and Hicks might just push him (from the practices I have seen he looks pretty darn good). Secondly, with no commit in 2016, the QB's with offers for 2017 may see it as an advantage to commit sooner rather than later. I would love to see the kid from Lake Travis go ahead and commit for the 2017 class. And third, that scholarship can be used on the defensive side of the ball.

Agreed. We'll land a QB transfer this Spring/Summer and go after a top-tier HS QB in our 2017 class.
StangUp

Postby StangUp » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:58 am

Rebel10 wrote:
JasonB wrote:If those stories are true, it kind of makes you wonder why he was a leader in the recruiting class.

MAybe Coach Morris was unaware of what Beaver Nation said if it is even true. I would not question Coach Morris recruiting like that though.

He knew and that's why he backed off.
StangUp

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:17 am

StangUp wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
JasonB wrote:If those stories are true, it kind of makes you wonder why he was a leader in the recruiting class.

MAybe Coach Morris was unaware of what Beaver Nation said if it is even true. I would not question Coach Morris recruiting like that though.

He knew and that's why he backed off.

Backed off? I thought SMU was going to take him if he had not gone to Memphis this past weekend. And it was up to Moore on if he wanted to go or not.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby StangUp » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:26 am

He knew and that's why he backed off.[/quote]

Backed off? I thought SMU was going to take him if he had not gone to Memphis this past weekend. And it was up to Moore on if he wanted to go or not.[/quote]

I'm thinking what CoxMustangFan wrote holds some weight. The issues BeaverNation reported weren't secrets. The kid may have been more of a headache than he was worth.
StangUp

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:28 am

StangUp wrote:He knew and that's why he backed off.

Backed off? I thought SMU was going to take him if he had not gone to Memphis this past weekend. And it was up to Moore on if he wanted to go or not.[/quote]

The kid may have been more of a headache than he was worth.[/quote]

Oh well. Still looking forward to the defensive recruits that we have.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby malonish » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:01 am

The deal was probably if he goes to Memphis to visit we drop him.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:15 am

The committee has spoken on Mr. Moore
Charleston Pony

Postby freqz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:21 am

malonish wrote:The deal was probably if he goes to Memphis to visit we drop him.

The deal was probably "Thanks for giving us pretext for pulling your ride by going to Memphis"
Texas bites. Baylor sucks. As it was in the beginning, is now, and evermore shall be. Amen.
freqz
Junior Varsity

Postby footballdad » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Morris would have taken him all day long, if he hadn't gone to Memphis. All the rest is just hindsight chatter. On the one hand we're to believe Morris is great at recruiting and evaluation.....but on the other hand he just realized this was a bad kid and dumped him less than a week before signing day? Sure.

Whatever, it's done. Hopefully he gets an even better prospect in 2017, and Moore doesn't come back to haunt SMU.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 pm

We'll need 2 QBs in 2017 if neither Colbert nor Hicks emerge as guys who can take over for Davis
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 pm

We'll need 2 QBs in 2017 if neither Colbert nor Hicks emerge as guys who can take over for Davis
Charleston Pony

Postby StangUp » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:45 pm

footballdad wrote:Morris would have taken him all day long, if he hadn't gone to Memphis. All the rest is just hindsight chatter. On the one hand we're to believe Morris is great at recruiting and evaluation.....but on the other hand he just realized this was a bad kid and dumped him less than a week before signing day? Sure.

Whatever, it's done. Hopefully he gets an even better prospect in 2017, and Moore doesn't come back to haunt SMU.

It was longer than a week before NSD...I'm hearing. Regardless of what's valid, time will tell. If he unravels at Memphis, we'll be glad he's there.
StangUp

PreviousNext

Return to Football