PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

David Moore

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: David Moore

Postby CoxMustangFan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:52 am

leopold wrote:
Actually, I think Pearl could do well at Memphis. But it's $10M to fire Josh this year and what? $3M to buy out Pearl? That's $13M before Memphis pays him dime one and Memphis doesn't have it. Memphis is most likely stuck with Josh at least one more year.
By the way, you coming to the game?

It's awesome when schools with a $200m endowment talk like they'd spend $13m to fire a coach. LOL
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:15 am

CoxMustangFan wrote:
leopold wrote:
Actually, I think Pearl could do well at Memphis. But it's $10M to fire Josh this year and what? $3M to buy out Pearl? That's $13M before Memphis pays him dime one and Memphis doesn't have it. Memphis is most likely stuck with Josh at least one more year.

It's awesome when schools with a $200m endowment talk like they'd spend $13m to fire a coach. LOL

They are building an IPF however
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:23 am

PonySnob wrote:
CoxMustangFan wrote:
leopold wrote:

Money hasn't been raised
smupony94

Postby StallionsModelT » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:31 am

just Snob being Snob.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby leopold » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:24 pm

I will say they needed that facility badly. It was getting old hearing about how the Tigers were using my high school alma mater's practice fields when there's were flooded. My $25 donation will have been spent well.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:05 pm

TigerJ wrote:
smupony94 wrote:
PonySnob wrote:[quote="CoxMustangFan"]

Money hasn't been raised

Ground breaks in the spring. Go sit down[/quote]
Done deal, next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:13 pm

malonish wrote:Just get a room and do the dirty already! You could cut the sexual tension with a knife in here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454037182.926244.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454037182.926244.jpg (55.13 KiB) Viewed 2584 times

Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dukie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:15 am

Dutch wrote:
malonish wrote:Just get a room and do the dirty already! You could cut the sexual tension with a knife in here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454037182.926244.jpg

SOUL! Good one, though.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby SMU89 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 am

One Trick Pony wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:TigerJ will be court side next to Miller and W, right? Or is he sitting with Romo this week?

Isn't Romo buying 89's seats on stubhub

Yawn
SMU89

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:11 am

SMU89 wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:TigerJ will be court side next to Miller and W, right? Or is he sitting with Romo this week?

Isn't Romo buying 89's seats on stubhub

Yawn

Well don't act like you don't sell them or have them listed I was just wondering if he was purchasing then they're great seats - probably better than where he sits
One Trick Pony

Postby Pony ^ » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:57 pm

F him. We all knew he'd decommit eventually. Kid is a complete [deleted] anyway. Have fun in shithole Memphis
Pony ^

Postby FANOFSMU » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:14 pm

FANOFSMU

Postby BeaverNation » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm an Oregon State fan, but I want to tell you all that you dodged a bullet with Moore.

In December 2014, we got a new coach (Gary Andersen). D. Moore was one of his first 2016 targets for OSU and offered Moore a scholarship. This was back pretty early in the recruiting cycle, so naturally you would expect a program to offer a few QB's, hoping one would eventually commit from the bunch. Well, Moore didn't like it, and threw a little tantrum on Twitter whenever OSU offered another QB. He would eventually delete the tweets, but people had seen them.
Oregon State still needed another QB to play for us Fall 2015, so we were still looking for a guy who could play right away. We went after a Wisconsin commit with no luck, but we ended up with a QB by the name of Seth Collins, who flipped from San Jose State and came to OSU within a matter of days to enroll early. David Moore had a fit about both the Wisconsin kid and Collins. He would tweet stuff about it and then delete it awhile later, but by then the damage had been done and it had been picked up by all the OSU fan sites, Rivals, etc. No one could understand why this 2016 recruit was flipping out about us needing a 2015 guy for Andersen's new offense. Moore wasn't even committed and had never even seen the campus yet...it was early in the process. Our QB's were depleted, we had several transfer, and we were switching from pro-style to a variation of the spread.
Eventually, OSU's coaches found out that Moore was a headcase and completely backed off of him. He took to Oregon's main newspaper, The Oregonian, to ask why he was not being pursued anymore. Apparently, from what I have heard, OSU completely dropped him because of his immaturity and the fact that he couldn't be trusted to lead a team.
So this entire time of his recruiting process, some of us fans have sat back and watched it unfold. He had a fit when SMU might have had some interest in getting transfer Trevor Knight. As of recent, we speculated all along that he would decommit from you guys, and we figured he'd pull this move right before signing day. As a QB you absolutely do NOT decommit right before signing day.

Good luck to you all and I hope you end up with a fantastic QB and you kick Memphis' butt on the field.
BeaverNation

Postby sbsmith » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:56 pm

If that kid is as big of a crybaby as you say then we probably won't ever see him suit up in FBS.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby smupony94 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Billy has some funny stuff on Scout
smupony94

PreviousNext

Return to Football