PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

You guys pull scholarships?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: You guys pull scholarships?

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Pony Boss wrote:Can we please ban FootballDad?

And TigerJ?
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Doesn't everyone have a right to express their opinion even if you don't like it?
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:14 pm

the challenges of recruiting talented teenagers in order to protect your generous salary is why college football and basketball coaches are paid so well. Can't blame a kid for wanting to look at several different schools to make sure he is comfortable with his decision but no matter how well any kid performs his due diligence in the recruiting process, we still see a relatively high percentage of QBs transfer from their 1st choice school. I agree with those who don't like seeing a kid go back on his "commitment", but it happens all the time so if it happens with Moore, deal with it. If nothing else, 11th hour developments like this are what keeps signing day interesting.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:14 pm

the challenges of recruiting talented teenagers in order to protect your generous salary is why college football and basketball coaches are paid so well. Can't blame a kid for wanting to look at several different schools to make sure he is comfortable with his decision but no matter how well any kid performs his due diligence in the recruiting process, we still see a relatively high percentage of QBs transfer from their 1st choice school. I agree with those who don't like seeing a kid go back on his "commitment", but it happens all the time so if it happens with Moore, deal with it. If nothing else, 11th hour developments like this are what keeps signing day interesting.
Charleston Pony

Postby Puckhead48E » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:17 pm

I will not yell at Moore...he's a kid with a lot of people biding for his attention. Unless he is really stable and grounded...that goes to the head and even grown adults make hasty decisions based solely on a narrow view of shirt term potential gains. He was told by his fellow recruits and the staff what the expectations were...which were a bit elevated but commensurate with his role as QB and leader. He chose to go a different direction. I think some of the '16 recruits would have issues with him if he came now, not just the staff.

As for asking to ban anyone that trolls or expresses an opinion different than yours, how about you leave. I think that would likely be more productive for all of us. I definitely had a good enough kindergarten teacher that taught me the skill of ignoring noise and not being offended by opposing views. If you [deleted], they'll just get louder. Plus, whining that opposing fans are coming to the public SMU fan site is basically [deleted] about the side effects of success. I mean, imagine if we win more than 2 games!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby footballdad » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:31 pm

I think the majority of reasonable people agree with me on this one. Moore is still part of this class (and a very, very important part by the way), and at this point there is zero indication that he has decommitted, let alone even showed up in Memphis.

Might need to consider banning yourself, for a while at least, since your obsession with me is apparently affecting your emotional stability. :wink:

Do your due diligence David, and then make the best decision for your future. It is pretty obvious if you take everything into consideration. We'll look forward to your signature on the 3rd!
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:12 pm

There is a lot of evidence you are either ignorant of or are ignoring for some reason.
smusic 00

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:32 pm

Texas commit Malcolm Roach enjoying his South Carolina visit

Malc Roach1⃣1⃣ ‏@MalcHendrix 32m32 minutes ago

#spursup .....

#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:35 pm

GoStangs and fbdad might be right and we just have to wait and see how this things plays out.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Santa Claus might be real, too.
smusic 00

Postby Stallion » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:05 pm

No one should be bashing a committed SMU recruit BEFORE signing date-EVER-if he decommits have at it. Just remember there is an agenda here coming from somewhere. When "inside sources" are leaking a story line-you should realize they want it out there. That's fine I understand it. If SMU didn't want him they should have cut bait a long time ago-If the whisper campaign is true he shouldn't have even been allowed to visit SMU just last week based on all the prior conduct I hear pointed to. If we lose him we can recover but I'd definitely grade the class down if we don't have an ace in the hole ready to hopefully go through spring training next spring in 2017 and ready to start in 2017 and I'm not talking about a hypothetical true freshman. Its do-able-just have some patience. 2017 is a crucial year for this program and we need several good options at QB. This was the year we needed a great QB in the Class-high priority.
Last edited by Stallion on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Junior » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:08 pm

If he does sign here, he'd be a favorite son again pretty quickly. You know how fickle we are around here.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:19 pm

This problem would be solved if PP could just nuke this thread
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby FIVE-O-FAN » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:43 pm

FWIW, I hope we get him. What sources are we relying on for updates?
FIVE-O-FAN
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:56 pm

FIVE-O-FAN wrote:FWIW, I hope we get him. What sources are we relying on for updates?

Since PP is doing the recruiting roundtable or whatever it is and talking to the high school coaches and the players you would think that he would give an update. Maybe he will.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Football