PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sportscenter has a story on Baylor Football

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sportscenter has a story on Baylor Football

Postby TidePony » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:29 am

TidePony
Hall of Famer

Re: Sportscenter has a story on Baylor Football

Postby gostangs » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:42 am

Baylor looks really bad in that story. They are clearly trying to make sure incidents aren't reported officially through them, and making sure they don't provide services is part of that effort. Really low, and hypocritical of a university that holds itself out as better morally than others.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RebStang » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:18 pm

Sounds like some Baylor administrators and even coaches need to face some charges, as well.

It looks a lot like Baylor's internal stance was that athletes were free to prey on female students as much as they liked as long as as outside authorities didn't find out.
RebStang
All-American

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:14 pm

Had that been my daughter I wouldn't stop until that POS school burned to the ground. I hope they have to pay multiple 9-figure settlements.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Paladin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:55 pm

OK, I'm not saying that Baylor does not have any culpability but consider that they are shaking up the Big 12, and everyone knows what happens to private universities in Texas that begin to show up the big boys in Austin and Norman. I'm not a Baylor fan and only wish them scorn but somehow the story is getting out there...
Paladin
All-American

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:12 pm

Paladin wrote:OK, I'm not saying that Baylor does not have any culpability but consider that they are shaking up the Big 12, and everyone knows what happens to private universities in Texas that begin to show up the big boys in Austin and Norman. I'm not a Baylor fan and only wish them scorn but somehow the story is getting out there...

Somehow the story is getting out there? Maybe because they graduated from murderous athletes to prolific rapist athletes. I'm sure Austin and College Station don't mind seeing Baylor under scrutiny for anything, but may even make them cringe.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby BUS » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:33 pm

Not saying things did not or have not happened... but young stupid, hormone filled youth are on every campus. Ours also.

Follow the money and funding of this reporting. Whorns I bet. Remember tcu when they joined big 12-10 now.

I came home and passed out after a night at bar........... rest of any story is BAD. always.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby SMU Football Blog » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:45 pm

If the NCAA went after Penn State, how can they justify not going after Baylor?
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:16 am

Of course....
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:23 am

I can't believe this is limited to Baylor. I suspect that a few other SEC/B12 schools suffer from some of the same problems. It certainly happens in the ACC and these incidents are reported often there. Add to that the Title IX issues involved with under-reporting sexual assaults and Baylor may not only face NCAA music but some interest from the Feds as well. Is Ken Starr still the president?
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby peruna81 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:28 am

Florida State is experiencing this issue (and will again, in a civil suit) regarding the Jamis Winston case, and the payout to the girl involved. University officials knowing more than the campus police either means a poor LEO investigation, or involvement in deception by university employees. The Title IX angle will play a big part in the FSU case, and could with Baylor as well.

Can't cry too many tears for Baylor...ever...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:34 am

ESPN Austin is having a field day with this
smupony94

Postby footballdad » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:39 am

Unfortunately this happens on nearly every campus in America, SMU included. A difficult problem for sure, and one that coaches would rather not deal with. Wrong in every way.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUvet » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:31 pm

It doesn't matter if UT, A&M or ISIS are behind it. It came out and is wrong. Not dismissing players for this is wrong. I remember my teammates getting kicked off the soccer/football team in HS for stealing beer or getting an MIP/MIC.

I also don't know that this happens on every campus in America. If it does then there should be a serious overhaul of the student athlete structure.
SMUvet
Scout Team

Postby RebStang » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:53 pm

SMUvet wrote:It doesn't matter if UT, A&M or ISIS are behind it. It came out and is wrong. Not dismissing players for this is wrong. I remember my teammates getting kicked off the soccer/football team in HS for stealing beer or getting an MIP/MIC.

I also don't know that this happens on every campus in America. If it does then there should be a serious overhaul of the student athlete structure.

Yep. I don't think anyone is saying that sexual assaults and rapes only happen at Baylor. However, I don't think there's anything to support an argument that everybody else actively covers things up like Baylor appears to do.

About the only thing worse, to me, than Baylor's apparent cover up is that 2 of the human parasites involved in the Vanderbilt rape case played college football last year (not at Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt kicked every one of those maggots out of school)... those guys should have been learning to sing castrato... not playing football.
RebStang
All-American

Next

Return to Football