PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HCCM On *Commitment*

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: HCCM On *Commitment*

Postby Donnell88 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:22 pm

As a wise old Texan once said: "If you can't trust a man's handshake, you can't trust his signature."
Donnell88
All-American

Postby malonish » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Visit all the places you want... before committing. Easy.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ghost » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:56 pm

It is just a bad system with the player holding little power once he signs the letter of intent other than trying to graduate as fast as possible so he can transfer wo sittng out a year....so can't blame a kid for decommitting. If Notre Dame offered the head coaching job to Morris next week and 5 million a year I am sure he would turn it down because he is committed to the last 2 recruiting classes wouldn't he? It is just hard to figure a lateral move
ghost
All-American

Postby fmced » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:36 pm

This isn't difficult. CM has 25 open spots (or whatever for that year). As an example the '17 kids he is recruiting right now have an opportunity to reserve a spot. In consideration for that contractual obligation by SMU, recruit (say is a DE) agrees he will not take any other visit. SMU now has 1 less DE spot available. Fast forward to Jan 17, and the DE visits Neb. SMU reminds him of his contract (commitment) and says good-by; or DE commits to Neb. SMU now has 1 DE spot open. If anyone is saying CM can only recruit an uncommitted player, he is crazy. CM knows his SMU commitments (if they are any good) are being hit on by other schools. If there is a recruitable athlete who doesn't understand that any HC, be it CM, Saban or Stoops may leave for another job, he is too stupid to sign. Everyone who works for a boss, understands that that boss could leave for a better job at any time. Same way for clergy BTW.
fmced
Recruit

Postby CoxMustangFan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:42 pm

malonish wrote:Visit all the places you want... before committing. Easy.

Eggsactly.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:07 pm

footballdad wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:Some of you are such big babies. STFU and enjoy the best recruiting class we've seen since the Soviet Union still existed.

Screaming STFU.......who's the baby? :lol:

Everybody likes the class OK. Seems like a legitimate discussion with good arguments on both sides. Easier to name call and whine though, gotcha.

Screaming? I really feel sorry for you man. Always looking for the misery in everything. Oh well
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:19 pm

blackoutpony wrote:Screaming? I really feel sorry for you man. Always looking for the misery in everything. Oh well

Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:58 pm

footballdad wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:I am sure glad Kemon Freeman did not keep his commitment to SFA and decided to come to SMU.

Exactly! If a kid has a chance to go to a bigger or better situation, how can you blame him. Works both ways, you win some, you lose some.

Every coach says the same thing. That little tweet by Morris actually tells me he's still a little p*ssed that Moore left. (could be wrong)

At the end of the day, Freeman could easily turn out to be as good or better than Moore. Let's just say it was meant to be.

Morris didn't tweet it. Embody did.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:08 pm

If you aren't taking all of your official visits, you aren't doing things right. I wouldn't accept a commit unless he has explored all possible options. Those things are blasts!
SMUer

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:41 pm

I'm decommitting from football too lol
One Trick Pony

Postby CoxMustangFan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:43 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:I'm decommitting from football too lol

Denied!
Pony up!