PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HCCM On *Commitment*

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: HCCM On *Commitment*

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Mark = genetic connection blinded by love. I respect him.
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Do as we say, not as we do.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby flockofseagulls » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Right, same with a head coaches contract then right, don't interview if you are fired right? Also, we want our kids not to visit but then we go after other committed kids. Sounds like saying one thing to our kids but then trying to influence another kid to do different.

Yes. There can be double standards in college football. Start wrapping your head around it.

Did we go after a committed kid or did he come after us? You know the whole back story on Freeman? Regardless, it happened AFTER the kid we committed to went after someone else. The first domino is the one that matters. HUGE difference between recruiting over someone and breaking a promise vs. having a backup plan.

And by your logic we were right to welcome June back with open arms after the ASU fiasco. So if I hadn't already tuned you out, that would be grounds.
@seagulls00
flockofseagulls
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:41 pm

footballdad wrote:Do as we say, not as we do.

Don't make me unblock you lol
One Trick Pony

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Right, same with a head coaches contract then right, don't interview if you are fired right? Also, we want our kids not to visit but then we go after other committed kids. Sounds like saying one thing to our kids but then trying to influence another kid to do different.

Yep. He is only for commits switching when it is to his benefit and doesn't want to play the game the way it is played. No other big time program (or any program) does this to my knowledge. I mean he'll sure as hell take a committed kid in for a visit and woo him away from his other choices but god help his peers that already committed to smu who choose to do the same. It's like he wants to eat his cake, everyone else's at the table, take the cake that is currently down their throat nd then say that everyone else at the table is selfish for wanting some. Hypocritical in every sense of the word.

This is gonna make me the black sheep on the board but football dad nailed it on this issue. big recruits are going to say "hahaha lol well Michigan and usc want me to come check out their campus so uh...[deleted] you?"

Having balls is great. Having leverage is better. He has none with big recruits if that is his stance
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:42 pm

Except the fact your a hippopotamus
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:44 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
footballdad wrote:Do as we say, not as we do.

Don't make me unblock you lol

No, no, no!!! :wink:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Texas did it under Brown. Not sure if you consider them big time or not
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby footballdad » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:

Yep. He is only for commits switching when it is to his benefit and doesn't want to play the game the way it is played. No other big time program (or any program) does this to my knowledge. I mean he'll sure as hell take a committed kid in for a visit and woo him away from his other choices but god help his peers that already committed to smu who choose to do the same. It's like he wants to eat his cake, everyone else's at the table, take the cake that is currently down their throat nd then say that everyone else at the table is selfish for wanting some. Hypocritical in every sense of the word.

This is gonna make me the black sheep on the board but football dad nailed it on this issue. big recruits are going to say "hahaha lol well Michigan and usc want me to come check out their campus so uh...[deleted] you?"

Having balls is great. Having leverage is better. He has none with big recruits if that is his stance

You gotta problem with black sheep?
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Some of you are such big babies. STFU and enjoy the best recruiting class we've seen since the Soviet Union still existed.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:55 pm

Yeah.
RGV Pony

Postby footballdad » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm

blackoutpony wrote:Some of you are such big babies. STFU and enjoy the best recruiting class we've seen since the Soviet Union still existed.

Screaming STFU.......who's the baby? :lol:

Everybody likes the class OK. Seems like a legitimate discussion with good arguments on both sides. Easier to name call and whine though, gotcha.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Wah wah wah
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby mathman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Mrydel, I think you may be fighting a losing battle here. I agree with you completely. Not that hard to understand. A really good class and things are beginning to look up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:17 pm

Heck, I laugh at losing battles. I have been married twice.

I am old school. After I had committed to SMU, Ken Hatfield begged me to come to West Point for a visit. I told him I was staying with SMU and was solid. He tried and tried ( not just tried but tried AND tried ) to get me to visit but I told him it just was not be right and that is the way I believe. Had they asked me before I had committed, sure I would have gone. But my word was my bond. Sad that others do not think that way.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football