PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nicknames

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nicknames

Postby Grider » Sat Jul 15, 2000 10:01 am

What are some of your favorite nicknames for SMU players?
"The Corsicana Comet" Bobby Wilson and Marion "Scrapiron" Hammon(tackle from the twenties) are two of my favorite.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Re: Nicknames

Postby MustangMatt » Sat Jul 15, 2000 1:41 pm

Grider, good topic.

Let's not forget Ice, Kevin Lewis--Basketball player in the 80's. Sterling Harris has got a good one, The Jewel.

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Postby Grider » Sun Jul 16, 2000 5:05 am

You Gordons always have to put Kevin Lewis in the mix. HAHAHA! Oh well, I'm glad to have he and Larry Davis as Mustangs.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby PonyTales » Sun Jul 16, 2000 8:05 pm

There was a section in that story PonyFans.com has on the main page (a Daily Campus article by some player named Kleimborg, or something) in which he refers to the nicknames of several teammates. Think he'll take any heat in August workouts for misspelling the last name of Steve and Shane O'NEILL (not O'Neal)? I bet he'll hear about it from those two.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon Jul 17, 2000 1:02 am

Here is the link to the story...
<A HREF="http://sdc.htrigg.smu.edu/HTMLPages/Summer00/07-11-00/cartoon_071100.html" TARGET=_blank>http://sdc.htrigg.smu.edu/HTMLPages/Summer00/07-11-00/cartoon_071100.html</A>

Is that story written by Jim Kreimborg? If my memory serves, he was a walk-on WR who played here two years ago then transfered to OU. I believe he played at Flour Mound Marcus with Sanders...They were teammates...Maybe I am mistaken..If so, is he back at SMU? Is he playing again?

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Mon Jul 17, 2000 1:46 am

Yes, he is back. He came back to the team in the Spring. I cannot tell you if he was at OU or not, but he did go to the Mound!

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Football