PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

4 Horsemen Uniforms

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 4 Horsemen Uniforms

Postby ghost » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 pm

When "four horsemen" is mentioned people of a certain age think of Grantland Rice and Notre Dame so sounds more like a knockoff except with SMU it's about the uniform.
ghost
All-American

Postby SMU1523 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:58 pm

skyscraper wrote:Get to work 1523! lol

Haha, if I had some free time maybe. I think we are headed in the right direction with Chad for the most part. Keep it simple. Blue uniforms, white helmet, white pants at home. White uniforms, white helmet, white pants away.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby PlanoStang » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Simple won't do it anymore.

2014 uniform collection was the best I've seen since the Hayden Fry days :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:58 pm

PlanoStang wrote:Simple won't do it anymore.

1-11
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyUpPaula » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:44 pm

I don't care WHAT they wear, as long as they win more than 2 games. I'm sorry, I mean more than 5 games. If they don't make a Bowl game this year, Chad should be worried for his job. It's absolutely ridiculous that they improved to 2 and 10 over 1-11 and that is acceptable most of you. These guys haven't proved themselves at all, and you talk about them like they are Gods. NOPE they are just spending money on crap that doesn't matter and not winning AT ALL. Chad blame last year on the toughness of the schedule, when they have basically the SAME schedule this year. Seriously? You guys are all insane to continue on this bandwagon.
PonyUpPaula

Postby smupony94 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks footballmom
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Chad Morris' wife with the Hot Sports Opinion? Or different Paula

Things couldn't be going better in this rebuild except perhaps if we had found the right QB to make a bowl run in 2017. Notice I didn't say 2016 Paula?
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMU1523 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Yeah, you are right. Simple is just stupid. Think of how horrible schools with traditional uniforms are doing, it's laughable right. I mean who wants to be like OU, ND, USC, Bama, LSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Stanford. Those guys are just way behind the times. We need more super neat uni combos like TCU and Baylor.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby CalallenStang » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:50 am

SMU1523 wrote:

Yeah, you are right. Simple is just stupid. Think of how horrible schools with traditional uniforms are doing, it's laughable right. I mean who wants to be like OU, ND, USC, Bama, LSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Stanford. Those guys are just way behind the times. We need more super neat uni combos like TCU and Baylor.

While I agree with the viewpoint that traditional uniforms are the best, the schools that wear them and have success pretty much recruit themselves due to past success, while the tricked-out uniform wearing group that has success are schools that haven't had as much success historically (TCU, Baylor, Oregon). When Stanford made their rise they switched their signature red-and-white look for black several times, and even Notre Dame wears new-age uniforms once a year (Google: Notre Dame Shamrock Series Jersey, then click images). It is a tool that does sway recruits, as much as I hate it
CalallenStang

Postby mtrout » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:08 am

PonyUpPaula wrote:I don't care WHAT they wear, as long as they win more than 2 games. I'm sorry, I mean more than 5 games. If they don't make a Bowl game this year, Chad should be worried for his job. It's absolutely ridiculous that they improved to 2 and 10 over 1-11 and that is acceptable most of you. These guys haven't proved themselves at all, and you talk about them like they are Gods. NOPE they are just spending money on crap that doesn't matter and not winning AT ALL. Chad blame last year on the toughness of the schedule, when they have basically the SAME schedule this year. Seriously? You guys are all insane to continue on this bandwagon.

I just hope vad lee didnt transfer to Liberty
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby MustangStealth » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:04 am

Stallion wrote:Things couldn't be going better in this rebuild

Well, we could have beaten James Madison.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:24 pm

SMU1523 wrote:

Actually the 2014 uniforms were the TRADITIONAL uni's from the 40s, but maybe skip a few
years from the Don Meredith to Hayden Fry. He wanted, and I read it from the DMN when I was about 10 years old to go the old red helmet red jersey during the Doak Walker days.

Then in 1966 Hayden went with the red helmet / blue jersey for the rest of his SMU stay, and my
first year at SMU 6 years later:!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:00 am

PlanoStang wrote: Actually the 2014 uniforms were the TRADITIONAL uni's from the 40s.

:lol: Not even close.
Bergermeister

Postby SMU1523 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:20 pm

I believe in tradition. Even if we don't have a consistent look over the last century.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:49 pm

GhostofPeruna wrote:Image

Nice concepts.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Football