PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU to Big XII support from TTU?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU to Big XII support from TTU?

Postby PonySnob » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Another kitten dies............................
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby skyscraper » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:11 pm

We did uniforms last week and that one is still plugging along.
I'm sure the band will do something offensive to someone at the spring game and we'll get that topic going again.
skyscraper

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Speaking of spring game, why is it in the spring? Don't they know park cities kids play sports then and I have to go and parent them or something?
smusic 00

Postby Stangs1970 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:38 pm

friarwolf wrote:Texas will never let us in. Same with the SEC and A&M. Our best hope is that the power conferences go to 16 teams and we get into the Big 10. We fit the best with them academically, geographically (ruling out the Big 12), and time zone wise. Going west to the Pac 12 would suck time zone wise - going east to the ACC would be much better.

Having said that, the 5 power conferences will never go to 16 teams. Why split the existing pie an additional 14 ways? The Pac 12 and the Big 12 both will either top up to 14 teams to match the other 3 conferences or the Big 12 goes away and the remaining 4 conferences go to 16 teams. Notre Dame moves in and some poor schmuck team gets bounced - Rutgers anyone???? My bet is it settles out as 4 conferences. 64 teams is the nice neat number and sets up well for both a football team playoff and wait for it.....March Madness.

The remaining teams playing Division 1 get some sort of NIT football playoffs and the NIT is already there for basketball.

If the 5 conferences survive and settle at 14 teams, we are playing musical chairs for 6 spots. Notre Dame and BYU get 2 spots so we are fighting for 4 spots. I highly doubt we will beat out UCF, USF, Cincy, Houston or Boise State for one of the spots........

I guess I am unfamiliar with why Texas would care if we were in the conference if we were strong enough. What is the reason outside a good business decision?
Stangs1970
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:41 pm

We need a Mustang to get elected Governor who can force UT or A&M to take us or veto any other team coming in. It worked for VT in the ACC.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:43 pm

EastStang wrote:We need a Mustang to get elected Governor who can force UT or A&M to take us or veto any other team coming in. It worked for VT in the ACC.

Yep. And for Baylor in the 90s.

Who are the Mustangs in state government now? I've seen Morgan Meyer at a lot of basketball games, he took Dan Branch's seat in the House and is obviously a fan
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Pony^ » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:58 pm

Bill Clements was a big help to SMU sports.
Pony^
All-American

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:37 pm

Pony^ wrote:Bill Clements was a big help to SMU sports.

His heart was in the right place
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:04 pm

smusic 00 wrote:Speaking of spring game, why is it in the spring? Don't they know park cities kids play sports then and I have to go and parent them or something?

Also it will conflict with our regular season that the g5 will play in the spring.

Gotta love some June
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby JasonB » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:01 am

skyscraper wrote:We did uniforms last week and that one is still plugging along.
I'm sure the band will do something offensive to someone at the spring game and we'll get that topic going again.

I was upset with the music selection from the DJ at practice last week. We need to fire him and bring in the DJ from basketball to do the music. :mrgreen:
JasonB

Postby PonySnob » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:08 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:Speaking of spring game, why is it in the spring? Don't they know park cities kids play sports then and I have to go and parent them or something?

Also it will conflict with our regular season that the g5 will play in the spring.

Gotta love some June

Somebody on here came up with that one
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:21 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:
Pony^ wrote:Bill Clements was a big help to SMU sports.

His heart was in the right place

Is it wrong of me to say, given all the grief he gave SMU, things that occurred almost 30 years ago but are still felt today, such as the hit on our school's reputation / the financial losses due to the DP...

Is it wrong for me to say he should have found it in his heart to give back more to SMU when he instead gave $100M to UT Medical?

Have to be honest with you, I was impressed with his generosity, but I think it should have gone to SMU instead, at least some of it. Actually, given his behavior, all of it.
SoCal_Pony

Postby PonyKai » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 am

No, it's not wrong. It's exactly correct. But hey we got a nice new student center in Taos, that totes makes up for condemning us to wander the desert for at least 28 years, if not forever.

Although I suppose it's our fault we let him lead us over the cliff. Those around him should have grown a spine and confronted him if not oust him. Stupidity and arrogance all around.

The aforementioned thoughts are likely prime for a "hot take" label.

"Local b*ob declares dead philanthropist should have been more philanthropic to his favored interests."
PonyKai

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:
"Local b*ob declares dead philanthropist should have been more philanthropic to his favored interests."

Hilarious
SoCal_Pony

Postby stl.pony » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Cord cutting is going to quash all of these realignments. Networks are finally figuring out no one cares about these stupid games (i.e. a Memphis - tech matchup).
stl.pony
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Football