PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hey No Cal Pony...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hey No Cal Pony...

Postby PK » Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:32 pm

glad to see another fan has found this site. Things are a little slow right now but, should pick up soon with two a days getting started. Hang in there.

GO PONIES !!!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Hey No Cal Pony...

Postby No Cal Pony » Wed Jul 25, 2001 10:55 pm

Yes, finally got myself going on this board. I've been posting on mustang maniacs for a while. Since there are so few alums in my area, I try to get as much info from the message boards as possible. Plus, SMU can be lame. I donate $$ to Mustang Club, but then rarely hear until it is time to renew. Also, they had an alum function in San Francisco, but emailed the notice a day AFTER the event! Freinds in the big D keep me posted too. Look forward to the coming season. I have high hopes. Gotta, as my wife is a u of florida alum.

Thanks for the welcome.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby NavyCrimson » Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:53 am

i know exactly what u mean re alumni functions......i have 'read' that they have functions down here too.....but never got an invite/notice for one yet & i've been a member of the alumni assoc for the last 5 yrs i've lived here...THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby PK » Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:55 pm

Since I live here in Dallas (east of Central and close to campus), I will make an effort to see if I can't "clue" them in to your very valid complaints. I will be the squeeky wheel for you.

As far as the Mustang Club is concerned, if when you renewed you gave them your e-mail, you should be receiving some news from time to time and not just once a year at renewal time. Still, they should be putting out a news letter or something for everyone, even those without e-mail.

GO MUSTANGS!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby NavyCrimson » Thu Jul 26, 2001 1:23 pm

thanx pk for the help...the alumni org is truly unique...they add a whole new definition to the word 'organization' ...

i do get my mustang club updates, too - its nice to see them!

i even bought my fb tickets again to give away to my friends who didn't go to smu since i usually don't make it back to the games.

------------------
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby PK » Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:36 pm

By the way, here are some web sites that you might find helpful in getting connected...

<A HREF="http://www2.smu.edu/audience/?type=alumni" TARGET=_blank>www2.smu.edu/audience/?type=alumni</A> , (general alumni links)

<A HREF="http://www2.smu.edu/alumni/" TARGET=_blank>www2.smu.edu/alumni/</A> , (SMU Alumni Association Homepage)
You might want to check out PerunaNet on this link.

<A HREF="http://www2.smu.edu/alumni/chapters.html" TARGET=_blank>www2.smu.edu/alumni/chapters.html</A> , (listing of local Alumni Chapters with local e-mail contacts).

Hope these help you guys. Get connected Mustang Fans.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 07-26-2001).]
PK

Postby No Cal Pony » Sat Jul 28, 2001 5:03 pm

PK, thanks for all. I've had most of that info already. I don't get back to Dallas so much these days, but am glad Ponies play out west. Really bummed when the "power went out" in san jose two seasons ago. Hated not seeing a game.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby PK » Sat Jul 28, 2001 8:04 pm

This ought to be a good year for you No Cal Pony ... we'll play in San Jose and Nevada this year. Hope you can make it to both of those.
PK

Return to Football