PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Spring Game recap: RBs stand out

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Spring Game recap: RBs stand out

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:54 pm

We were averaging about 420 yards per game late in the season until the Memphis debacle. ONLY 97 YARDS TOTAL OFFENSE AGAINST MEMPHIS-giggle- We're going to be adding at least 5 play makers on Offense who I am very confident of-and the 3 freshman playmakers from last year should increase production substantially because they got so much experience. I should condition this on Davis' health because I have little confidence in the other QBs. Defense is a totally different thing-Year 1 of Rebuild on Defense-might not be much better than last year because we will playing unprecedented numbers of true and redshirt freshman
Last edited by Stallion on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:59 pm

I am strongly hoping to be surprised by Kemon
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby horsemanx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Stallion wrote:We were averaging about 420 yards per game late in the season until the Memphis debacle. ONLY 97 YARDS TOTAL OFFENSE AGAINST MEMPHIS-giggle-

Yes but think about how much the team will learn from watching that Memphis tape.
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby Arkpony » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:13 am

mrydel wrote:I am strongly hoping to be surprised by Kemon

My feeling exactly.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Pony^ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:59 am

Pony^
All-American

Postby knuckleup » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:28 am

Stallion wrote:I think your way in over your head. Enjoy these first 2 years of acting like you know what you are talking about because you are going to really look stupid in 2017-18. But by then you'll either not be around or change your handle to InChadWeTrust

(oh yeah forgot this is the guy that always used to post how great Prescott Line was and how June was Coach of the Century)

I'm a lady thank you. It is amusing to post on here as I know I can immediately expect the site bullies...stallion... with their armchair expert knowledge to quickly play the insult cards and revert back to meaningless stats that generated a 2-10 year. Bless you for your child like faith. It really makes for entertaining reading. Sadly, at the end of the day after 2-3 more years of mediocrity Chad too will fade into the sunset and we will persucute him as we have the other as we hire the next savior.

As for me, the girls and I will boulevard, go to the games and as always pull for our ill coached boys.
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby mtrout » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:39 am

Replacing texas am/ttu with liberty will help our record
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:45 am

knuckleup wrote:
Stallion wrote:I think your way in over your head. Enjoy these first 2 years of acting like you know what you are talking about because you are going to really look stupid in 2017-18. But by then you'll either not be around or change your handle to InChadWeTrust

(oh yeah forgot this is the guy that always used to post how great Prescott Line was and how June was Coach of the Century)

I'm a lady thank you. It is amusing to post on here as I know I can immediately expect the site bullies...stallion... with their armchair expert knowledge to quickly play the insult cards and revert back to meaningless stats that generated a 2-10 year. Bless you for your child like faith. It really makes for entertaining reading. Sadly, at the end of the day after 2-3 more years of mediocrity Chad too will fade into the sunset and we will persucute him as we have the other as we hire the next savior.

As for me, the girls and I will boulevard, go to the games and as always pull for our ill coached boys.

Go girl. Accept stallion really isn't a bully.
One Trick Pony

Postby Stallion » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:00 pm

so where is Prescott Line transferring too? I'm not the one who is delusional or criticizing any sports writer, coaching staff or poster who points out that Prescott Line is not a quality starting RB at this level. Its pretty clear from your posting history exactly where the criticism comes from
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Well maybe a little bit
One Trick Pony

Postby knuckleup » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Stallion wrote:so where is Prescott Line transferring too? I'm not the one who is delusional or criticizing any sports writer, coaching staff or poster who points out that Prescott Line is not a quality starting RB at this level. Its pretty clear from your posting history exactly where the criticism comes from

And there you are, right on que. Stalions like a dog when someone yells squirrel. Good luck to our boys, lord knows they will need it.
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:18 pm

knuckleup wrote:
Stallion wrote:so where is Prescott Line transferring too? I'm not the one who is delusional or criticizing any sports writer, coaching staff or poster who points out that Prescott Line is not a quality starting RB at this level. Its pretty clear from your posting history exactly where the criticism comes from

And there you are, right on que. Stalions like a dog when someone yells squirrel. Good luck to our boys, lord knows they will need it.

Which K9 species would he emulate ??
I'm kinda thinking a Dachshund with a whiskey on the rocks 8-)

One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:37 pm

All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:47 pm

thank God that isn't a chipmunk
One Trick Pony