PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Spring Game recap: RBs stand out

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Spring Game recap: RBs stand out

Postby No Quarter » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:35 am

There may be a better place to post this but I wondered about David Moore who defected to Memphis and found an item on their board dated August 13. This thread may have the last mention of Moore on PonyFans[i][/i] which was JasonB's comment onn April 20.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/ ... 89451.html

You will have to scroll to find the comment, but the pertinent text is:

The quarterbacks were fine, not great. Riley Ferguson completed eight of 13 passes for 198 yards, but he had one interception that head coach Mike Norvell said came on a missed read. "I say missed read, but there was probably a better option it in," Norvell said. "But he's learning, and I'll tell you he's had a great camp."

Other quarterbacks? Jason Stewart was 6 of 13 for 58 yards, Brady Davis was 9 of 15 for 95 yards and David Moore was 16 of 23 for 121 yards. Said Norvell: "David Moore looked very, very impressive. Does he know everything he's doing right now? Probably not. I made him live the last two scrimmages because I wanted to see, when it flashed, when the flash comes in front of your face, is he going to be a guy that panics and just kind of sits there, or is he going to be able to extend plays and make things happen? I think he showed really well today."

I still have every hope that the QBs we have in house will com on and do a good job and that a real stud will come in next year.
No Quarter
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football