PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ED

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ED

Postby SMU89 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:55 pm

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college ... -selection

"I never liked the NCAA," Dickerson said. "We don't need the NCAA. The NCAA is a bunch of crooks."
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: ED

Postby mtrout » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Nice. F the ncaa. Their worthless organization's days are numbered
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:39 pm

Funny that he was inducted with Fred Akers who he loathed
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:07 pm

I was watching ED while Fred made his speech. Eric kept a good stone face. But when it was his turn to speak, Eric started with a crack about UT that he directed at Fred. It was awesome.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:11 am

Our ultimate doom was arrogance and being a small fish making waves against the big boys. What we were doing regarding pay-for-play was absolutely par for the course in the 80's.

I spoke to a high school coach here in the Dallas area last year that was a pretty big time recruit in 1982. He said that he had cash offers from every school in the SWC except Rice. He ended up signing with A&M but said that his recruitment by SMU was no different than the approach used by UT, A&M, Baylor, Arkansas, OU, etc.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Glenn Sosbee » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:10 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:Our ultimate doom was arrogance and being a small fish making waves against the big boys. What we were doing regarding pay-for-play was absolutely par for the course in the 80's.

I spoke to a high school coach here in the Dallas area last year that was a pretty big time recruit in 1982. He said that he had cash offers from every school in the SWC except Rice. He ended up signing with A&M but said that his recruitment by SMU was no different than the approach used by UT, A&M, Baylor, Arkansas, OU, etc.
Dickerson's gold trans am that he drove around campus in those days was bought and paid for by A&M and those peckerwoods at the ncaa knew it!
Pony P-1
Glenn Sosbee
All-American

Postby smustatesman » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Our ultimate doom was reporting on ourselves and letting idiots talk to the media; and admitting to infractions to the NCAA that every other major sports university practices. Our Director of Public Relations is the only one who should speak/interview on camera, on behalf of SMU athletics during an outside inquiry or investigative sports reporting. Be smart and act like a big boy.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:57 pm

I'd rather we just stay silent. Our press statements are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football