PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

IPF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: IPF

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:44 am

footballdad wrote:He has that special $10 'inside' information

Worthless post
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mtrout » Sun May 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Here's some hot outsider info (University of Houston):

"The building of the indoor football facility is slated to begin after this season. It will open in the fall of 2017, a key timetable with Herman's buyout tied to the completion of the project by December 2018."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/ ... 390125.php

It would be nice if the DMN could write an upbeat article about us like this. Even just speaking on basketball and golf...something...anything.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Sun May 08, 2016 7:27 pm

I think we could use some release like this...spend more than the 4minutes I spend wordsmithing it.

"Since joining The American Athletic conference 3 years ago, SMU has won championships in Baksetball, Soccer, Volleyball, Golf, Swimming & Diving, Cross Country, and Track & Field (basically every freakin sport). SMU has completed construction/renovation of top class facilities in Moody and the SMU Tennis complex. SMU Swimming and Diving facilities construction is currently underway. Weight room renovated, football offices refreshed and staff energized and recruiting hard.

SMU is committed to athletic excellence and will continue to pursue and retain the most passionate, energetic, and dedicated student athletes and staff. Our goal is to compete for championships in ALL sports. Plans are underway to continue facility upgrades needed to foster SMU's desire to compete at the highest levels.

Go Mustangs and [deleted] Houston. Let's kick some [deleted]!"

Also, thank god for our boosters.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon May 09, 2016 3:42 pm

for what it's worth, I once again failed to win the Powerball so I won't be stroking that lead donor check to get this project underway
Charleston Pony

Postby Digetydog » Tue May 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:for what it's worth, I once again failed to win the Powerball so I won't be stroking that lead donor check to get this project underway

After my plan to marry Perot's daughter fell apart, the Powerball plan is now my best hope.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue May 10, 2016 3:54 pm

What else do you think IPF stands for
One Trick Pony

Postby Stallion » Tue May 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Digetydog wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:for what it's worth, I once again failed to win the Powerball so I won't be stroking that lead donor check to get this project underway

After my plan to marry Perot's daughter fell apart, the Powerball plan is now my best hope.

Perot daughters are in their mid-50s-just re-strategize and focus on grand daughters
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby tristatecoog » Tue May 10, 2016 6:22 pm

Unfortunately, I went to Aggieland this weekend. I saw their football bubbles and they're quite ugly but effective. If I were a player, I believe I'd be more interested in the dorms, player lounge and meeting rooms than the IPF bubble. Of course, Kyle Field is gargantuan. It reminded me of Gonzaga's basketball arena. Huge, lots of land around it and seemingly out of place but a massive structure for people to support their team.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:50 am

StallionsModelT wrote:I guess none of you geniuses that are "in the know" happened to drive by campus today and see what's going on with Pettus did you?

Mustang11 wrote:I heard they are announcing it the end of May. They have the 80% commitment needed to break ground and have seen the renderings of the IPF. It is going in the soccer stadium and the parking lot next to the soccer/football stadium.

Maybe something changed but I heard this last week.

It's IPF month!
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:04 am

mtrout wrote: It's IPF month!

again... what anniversary is this? Rock? Paper?... Scissors?
Bergermeister

Postby Digetydog » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:47 am

Stallion wrote:
Digetydog wrote:

Perot daughters are in their mid-50s-just re-strategize and focus on grand daughters

If I tried to date the grand daughters (a) it might be a felony and (b) my wife would kill me.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Houston's moving on stuff. But all their facility commitments are fake, right?

http://www.etfinalscore.com/ET-Football ... finalscore
June 10, 2016

Q: After coming from a national powerhouse like Ohio State to Houston, what do you think of the Cougars and the University after your first year in charge?

Coach Herman: The neat thing about the University of Houston right now is the significant recourses (being put into the program). We built a $125 million stadium, for Sept. 1 of 2017 we are opening up a brand-new 140-yard long indoor facility with a weight room and by 2018 we will be in about a $40 million six story football operations building. The commitment level to the resources has been off the charts.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:43 pm

The last I heard the UH regents had only approved a design process-which SMU has already done-but they didn't have the funding yet. Coaches lie all the time in recruiting season. I don't think they have given final OK and haven't started building yet
See NTXCoog above with emphasis and his message set out below
NTXCOOG:
"Per this article, the final design phase has started and construction will start in the Fall pending BOR approval of the final designs and the funding plan. It's always possible funding could fall through which would cause the BOR not to approve it, but it looks very likely that construction will start in a few months."
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby mtrout » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 pm

I just posted that to poke the community a bit. We can lose arms races with texas and arkansas...and tcu and baylor...but we can't afford to get out-facility'd by houston and rice regarding football.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Yeah
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football