PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

IPF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

IPF

Postby SWCGreyHair » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:49 am

Does anyone else get the feeling the Admin is backing off their commitment to Chad on building the IPF? Announce to the MC Board in Feb/March they were breaking ground in July and Chad tells recruits and parents it's coming this summer but the way Chad seems stressed over it lately, I am wondering if the Admin has once again given false promises to our Head Coach.
Build a Tennis facility that is way over the top and a new Natatorium before building the most important facility needed for the top revenue sport? Really??!!
SWCGreyHair

Re: IPF

Postby PonyKai » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:06 am

Yeah, RGT is screwing over the football coach again. The facilities commitment was all a ruse to sucker him in and get him on campus so RGT could say "hey, I tried" when he decides to shutter the program and turn Ford into a Boggle Arena.

And the decision to build to tennis facility and natatorium is totally and completely a reflection of the priority that the Admin places on non-revenue, country club sports over basketball and football. It's also true that there is no master plan for the athletics facilities. Why not just tear down the soccer stadium tomorrow morning and make 'em play in the parking lot? Soccer sucks anyways.

It's also not at all true that there was supposed to be an IPF where the tennis stadium is several years ago but the football coach balked at the location. Just more damning evidence that Admin doesn't care about sports and constantly screws over its coaches.

Nor is it true that SMU relies on an incredibly small number of very wealthy boosters. It's also false that these boosters ability to donate enormous amounts of money to the school to cover up for the fact that we have no fan base that donates is tied to the current state of their investment portfolios and isn't at all dependent upon external market forces.

Impeach RGT.
PonyKai
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SWCGreyHair » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:19 am

It was a question and you seem in a hateful way to say that my suspicions are true.
SWCGreyHair

Postby footballdad » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:36 am

SWCGreyHair wrote:It was a question and you seem in a hateful way to say that my suspicions are true.

Get used to it GreyHair. You're an actual adult, but there are a lot of entitled children on this board who spout all kinds of long winded nonsense. It's cute, just pat em' on the head.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyKai » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 am

Aw, that's cute.
PonyKai

Postby Digetydog » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:51 am

SWCGreyHair wrote:It was a question and you seem in a hateful way to say that my suspicions are true.

No. You might want to set your monitor to the Sarcasm font.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PK » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:11 am

There will be no football parking available to the west of the current soccer field this fall due to construction. Construction of what? They won't come out and say it yet, but that is where the IPF is supposed to be built. So don't get you undies in a wad quite yet, July is two months away.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby mtrout » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:25 am

Coming 2020. Vanderbilt announced theirs like a year before they actually started. Then building it took over a year.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Someone write a check.. Well, actually don't even need that...someone pledge 80% spread out over time and we'll get started tomorrow.
RGV Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:35 pm

I want my old parking spot back damnit
One Trick Pony

Postby Mustang11 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:58 pm

I heard they are announcing it the end of May. They have the 80% commitment needed to break ground and have seen the renderings of the IPF. It is going in the soccer stadium and the parking lot next to the soccer/football stadium.

Maybe something changed but I heard this last week.
Mustang11
Junior Varsity

Postby SWCGreyHair » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Mustang 11, I hope you are right.
SWCGreyHair

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:18 pm

I guess none of you geniuses that are "in the know" happened to drive by campus today and see what's going on with Pettus did you?

For ten bucks a month you wouldn't have to ask these stupid questions.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby SWCGreyHair » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:00 pm

I am not in the know- that is why I asked the question. Just trying to find out what is going on with the IPF.
SWCGreyHair

Postby CoxMustangFan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:08 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:I guess none of you geniuses that are "in the know" happened to drive by campus today and see what's going on with Pettus did you?

For ten bucks a month you wouldn't have to ask these stupid questions.

I spend the ten bucks a month and I still don't know. Likely my state school education shinning through.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Football