PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

IPF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: IPF

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:23 pm

I am fine if they delay building it because they don't have the money. What annoys me is the people "in the know" that keep saying it's coming tomorrow and then insult others when their insider knowledge is questioned.[/quote]

Pretty much
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby SMUstangs22 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:41 am

peruna81 wrote:
footballdad wrote:The younger generations simply don't care in large enough numbers, the older generation with the real money is dying off. Demographics alone don't bode well for SMU's athletic future.

This...

Unless there is a reasonable product, and a rational strategy to capture (note: not re-capture) 25-40 y.o. alums, the next 10 years are indeed dim.

Mustang Mania is still a reasonable template, although a completely different set of circumstances at that time, and ours now. It captured a group of alumni, and the attention of Dallas, even as the Cowboys were in decline as well.

Free beer in the student section... problem solved. Next issue?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:12 am

You need the ipf for recruiting buzz, training, and to get 50 high schools (ie: football players) on campus for track a couple times a year. How are we supposed to lock arms when we are left in the dark with the actual athletic plans? I don't know about you but I've never seen any plans or renderings of the new facilities so I'm not itching to up my donation for it.

Hell if I'm not on ponyfans or didn't read every tweet about smu football or not in COC then I probably have no idea they're even planning an ipf.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:33 am

gostangs wrote:You naysayers have been wrong consistently for years. You would think you would get tired of being wrong 100% of the time.

The IPF will get built. We will make that happen. Chad is going to be successful here - it is virtually guaranteed because he understands recruiting like nobody before him since Ron Meyer. Relax and enjoy the ride, or be wrong and bitter. Your choice.

Either you forgot to engage your sarcasm font or you drank the Kool-Aid :(
However, I, too, will be at Ford for another fun-filled losing season. It's what we do.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:27 am

We need to worry a lot less about the commitment from the university and a lot more about the commitment from the Timmys and Jimmys in our fan base. 1800 Mustang Club members.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:11 am

Stallion wrote:We need to worry a lot less about the commitment from the university and a lot more about the commitment from the Timmys and Jimmys in our fan base. 1800 Mustang Club members.

This.
When Chad talks about locking arms, he means the fans mostly.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:41 am

As Timmy McJimmy, I have my season tickets and MC donation. What else you need bro? I have no clue! What do you need and what's the PLAN?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:59 am

Apparently you don't realize that you are [deleted] about other SMU alumni not building YOU an IPF?

Your reference to UH is stupid. UH has decided to build its facilities by increasing its student athletic fee which it can easily do because it probably has 35-40,000 students. SMU already has an outrageously high tuition. ALL private schools I'm aware of build these facilities with private donations. Name one major athletic facility at a major private school built from the endowment of the university-if there is one its probably being built from P5 revenue which SMU doesn't have
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:06 am

mtrout wrote:As Timmy McJimmy, I have my season tickets and MC donation. What else you need bro? I have no clue! What do you need and what's the PLAN?

Right now, you can stroke a multi million dollar check. Or, since we have 1800 donors, we can all stroke a $27,777 check and it'll be done.
smusic 00

Postby mtrout » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 am

Stallion wrote:Apparently you don't realize that you are [deleted] about other SMU alumni not building YOU an IPF?

Your reference to UH is stupid. UH has decided to build its facilities by increasing its student athletic fee which it can easily do because it probably has 35-40,000 students. SMU already has an outrageously high tuition. ALL private schools I'm aware of build these facilities with private donations. Name one major athletic facility at a major private school built from the endowment of the university-if there is one its probably being built from P5 revenue which SMU doesn't have

I didn't think lock arms meant pipe down and don't ask questions if you can't donate a million. Yes, football is for ME and for everyone else involved. When fans feel involved with some sense of ownership then they will provide the program with ever increasing loyalty. Most of the attitudes here make me feel like such an outsider that I'm not surprised they are only 1,000 MC donors.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby peruna81 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:20 am

smusic 00 wrote:
mtrout wrote:As Timmy McJimmy, I have my season tickets and MC donation. What else you need bro? I have no clue! What do you need and what's the PLAN?

Right now, you can stroke a multi million dollar check. Or, since we have 1800 donors, we can all stroke a $27,777 check and it'll be done.

I'm in for $50...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:40 am

mtrout wrote:
Stallion wrote:Apparently you don't realize that you are [deleted] about other SMU alumni not building YOU an IPF?

I didn't think lock arms meant pipe down and don't ask questions if you can't donate a million. Yes, football is for ME and for everyone else involved. When fans feel involved with some sense of ownership then they will provide the program with ever increasing loyalty. Most of the attitudes here make me feel like such an outsider that I'm not surprised they are only 1,000 MC donors.

Most of the info here is watered down from the pay sites. $10/month and you'll feel like an insider.
smusic 00

Postby NTXCoog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Your reference to UH is stupid. UH has decided to build its facilities by increasing its student athletic fee which it can easily do because it probably has 35-40,000 students.

While the athletic fee helped fund the football and basketball stadium, I don't think that will be the case with the IPF. As of February, $5.7 million had been raised for the $20 million project.

Other recent athletic facility funding, all done through private donations:
The new Guy Lewis Basketball practice facility ($20 million)
The Baseball field renovations ($7.5 million)
The Track and Soccer renovations ($1.5 million)
NTXCoog
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:54 pm

We are much farther along that 25% and we raised multiple times more from private donations on our recent facility improvements including Crum BB practice facility, Moody, Tennis Facility, Natatorium-what is that about -over $100 Million not including Ford/Facility which was only 15 years ago and would put total amount close to $200 Million. The private fund raising between the 2 schools is not comparable-the football facility alone would have drained UH''s ability to build any of the other facilities
Last edited by Stallion on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stallion

Postby NTXCoog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:57 pm

Stallion wrote:We are much farther along that 25% and we raised multiple times more from private donations on our recent facility improvements including Crum BB practice facility, Moody, Tennis Facility, Natatorium-what is that about -over $100 Million not including Ford/Facility which would put total amount close to $200 Million

Not saying UH is better or worse about fundraising. Just refuting the attempted point that the UH IPF will be funded through student fees.
NTXCoog
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football