PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

IPF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: IPF

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Schedule a meeting with the development staff. Tell them you recently came into $50 million dollars and are looking for a building project. They'll let you know what's going on.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SWCGreyHair » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:21 pm

What is going on at Pettus today?
SWCGreyHair

Postby smustatesman » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:25 pm

They're building a bridge to Ford, and it will be called the Edmond P. :shock:
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby Water Pony » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:28 pm

To all the Negative Nellies, please don't blame Turner or non-revenue sports for not getting your priorities. Turner moves when he has the money and the recent announcement on a new aquatic center is one example. Our commitment to the Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving was so delinquent as to be the long running joke for SMU athletic facilities, e.g. twenty plus years for a pool. BTW, the swimmers are in their second year of swimming outdoors ... under a tent. This problem was only recently resolved when two big donors stepped up.

http://www.smudailycampus.com/smulive/n ... -swim-dive

As with this example and the renovations to Moody and the building of the Crum BB Training Center, if the donors are there it will get built. I suspect we will see an announcement by summer.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Water Pony wrote:To all the Negative Nellies, please don't blame Turner or non-revenue sports for not getting your priorities. Turner moves when he has the money and the recent announcement on a new aquatic center is one example. Our commitment to the Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving was so delinquent as to be the long running joke for SMU athletic facilities, e.g. twenty plus years for a pool. BTW, the swimmers are in their second year of swimming outdoors ... under a tent. This problem was only recently resolved when two big donors stepped up.

http://www.smudailycampus.com/smulive/n ... -swim-dive

As with this example and the renovations to Moody and the building of the Crum BB Training Center, if the donors are there it will get built. I suspect we will see an announcement by summer.

Yep, and you can be sure Tom Herman et al are telling recruits things like "so Chad told you about the ipf I'm guessing? Oh wait, prob pictures too right? Well thats nice. Only took them 27 years to go from pictures and pledges to breaking ground on a pool so..."
RGV Pony

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:50 pm

SWCGreyHair wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling the Admin is backing off their commitment to Chad on building the IPF? Chad tells recruits and parents it's coming this summer but the way Chad seems stressed over it lately, I am wondering if the Admin has once again given false promises to our Head Coach.

I would imagine he is more stressed over what he saw at the spring game.
Bergermeister

Postby Stallion » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:08 pm

Its funny people actually think that private schools actually build these facilities-I guess out of endowment funds-NO we the alumni build them with donations to the school. That is universally true at all these private schools. So if we want someone to blame let's all look in the mirror-(unless you have donated to those projects whereupon Thanks)
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Chnash318 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:23 pm

I'm just bummed that I used the donor rank calculator and discovered that we only have 1,834 members of the Mustang Club. That is pitiful.
Chnash318
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:42 pm

Chnash318 wrote:I'm just bummed that I used the donor rank calculator and discovered that we only have 1,834 members of the Mustang Club. That is pitiful.

I don't give anything and rank 746 that should make you cry. Without the Fab Five nothing gets done over there
One Trick Pony

Postby gostangs » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:50 pm

well we actually raise a hell of a lot of money, so don't know why everyone is so grumpy. There are schools that would be dying to have the donor base we have. For a non P-5 with almost no success in 30 years we are waaaaaay better off then we should be.
gostangs

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Opps 943 with 798 points

http://ponypriority.com/
One Trick Pony

Postby smupony94 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:02 pm

I clicked that link and called me a cheap bastard
smupony94

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Lol that would be awesome - but we probably give more than 95% of past living alum... you can't blame them
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 pm

I guess everyone with a Loge is a triple crown
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:18 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
SWCGreyHair wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling the Admin is backing off their commitment to Chad on building the IPF? Chad tells recruits and parents it's coming this summer but the way Chad seems stressed over it lately, I am wondering if the Admin has once again given false promises to our Head Coach.

I would imagine he is more stressed over what he saw at the spring game.

Yep. Take a QB who can hit the broad side of a barn, all day over an IPF, which at the end of the day, really isn't even necessary.

Wins and butts in the seats are 10x as important.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football