PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Liberty Alum Checking In

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Liberty Alum Checking In

Postby malonish » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:49 am

smupony94 wrote:Pickup two (2) free tickets to the SMU v Liberty game on September 17th with the purchase of any licensed SMU merchandise from the Northpark Mall Lids.

Lids is a happenin place:
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 03Mustang » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:14 am

smupony94 wrote:I have a parking pass for the Liberty game sitting on my desk if anyone wants one.

Apparently when I ordered parking passes they thought I needed one for each of my two season tickets. I thought I paid too much for parking.

I'll take it. Just sent you a message.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:18 am

03Mustang wrote:
smupony94 wrote:I have a parking pass for the Liberty game sitting on my desk if anyone wants one.

Apparently when I ordered parking passes they thought I needed one for each of my two season tickets. I thought I paid too much for parking.

I'll take it. Just sent you a message.

In the mail
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DiamondM » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Comet wrote:Is 1 1/2 years old too young to enjoy the Boulevard? I'm thinking about taking my son.

My daughter made her first appearance on the Boulevard at 9 days old. And I am not the only one at our spot that juggled tailgating and .. ahem .. feeding an infant on the Boulevard. Our kids have grown up on the Boulevard. So no, 1.5 years old is not too young.

What took you so long?
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Comet » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:03 am

DiamondM wrote:
Comet wrote:Is 1 1/2 years old too young to enjoy the Boulevard? I'm thinking about taking my son.

My daughter made her first appearance on the Boulevard at 9 days old. And I am not the only one at our spot that juggled tailgating and .. ahem .. feeding an infant on the Boulevard. Our kids have grown up on the Boulevard. So no, 1.5 years old is not too young.

What took you so long?

Last year I got a little tied down with a new baby, moving to a new house around this time of the year, started a new Masters program, and then a new job. I honestly wasn't the best SMU fan last year. Things have been way stabled since so I think I'll take little Comet to the boulevard and we'll get into trouble and have fun. I did take him to the bookstore last weekend. Unfortunately no toddler clothes that would fit him.
Comet
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:12 am

yeah I really don't know when I went to my first SMU game-too young to remember-my first memory is my first hero Jerry Levias but absolutely sure I had gone to games before 1966. Pretty sure I was at the 1965 victory over UT and probably several years before that.. But my first clear memory is simply the attention given to some new kid named Jerry Levias going onto the field to receive the opening kickoff against I believe Illinois. I didn't understand what was going on but there sure was a lot of talk in the stands-so I sensed he was special
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Sly Fox » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Sorry that I missed the free parking pass. But if anybody else has one to give away let me know.
Sly Fox

Postby Arkpony » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:24 pm

I took my son to see Chuck Hixson throwing strikes in The Cotton Bowl when he was a child. He graduated from SMU in 1994 and Saturday he will be bringing his kids to the Blvd, with his 6 yr old daughter in her SMU Cheerleader costume.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Sly Fox » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:51 am

Hey, Guys. Congrats on the victory on Saturday. Left feeling frustrated that we could have used those extra 22 scholarships down the stretch. Hopefully the next time we play each other we have joined you in the FBS ranks. Your guys did what they needed to do to win. That West kid from Katy is special. And once you get him more involved in the passing game he will be amazing in open space.

The Boulevard lived up to the hype and was a great experience for my family. With the exception of just a couple of inebriated frat boys, your fans were exceptionally gracious and welcoming. But I probably don't need to tell you that angle. Our folks marketing folks were taking notes about integrating some of the cool aspects of your gameday experience. I love the aesthetics of our walk. The tight nature walking down the live oak covered boulevard was exceptionally tight.

It was however very disappointing to see so few people move inside the stadium. Are the students that disconnected from the program? That would have been a horrendous home crowd for us in Lynchburg. Hopefully your folks aren't purpled out next Saturday.

Thanks again for the hospitality ont he site the past few months. I hope you guys have a great remainder fo the season.
Sly Fox

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:11 am

We only have 6k undergrads. We get about 2k in the stadium - which isn't a bad percentage compared to most other schools - particularly since we are fighting a culture of football failure. We are just small. I do wish many of our out of state students cared as much about football as the rest of us, but we are resigned to this status until we hit 7-8 wins. would expect some big time band-wagonning at that point - by our own students, alums and Dallas in general (see Moody coliseum for example).

The folks we met from your school were all super nice. Hope it was a good overall experience. Drunk frat dudes are a staple at every away game I have even been to, so I finally learned to take it with a huge grain of salt. It is not representative of anything other than drunk frat dudes.
gostangs

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:14 am

Sly Fox wrote:
Hopefully your folks aren't purpled out next Saturday.

Shouldn't be a problem since we don't have a game on Saturday.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby GoMustAAngs2007 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:15 am

Sly Fox wrote:Hey, Guys. Congrats on the victory on Saturday. Left feeling frustrated that we could have used those extra 22 scholarships down the stretch. Hopefully the next time we play each other we have joined you in the FBS ranks. Your guys did what they needed to do to win. That West kid from Katy is special. And once you get him more involved in the passing game he will be amazing in open space.

The Boulevard lived up to the hype and was a great experience for my family. With the exception of just a couple of inebriated frat boys, your fans were exceptionally gracious and welcoming. But I probably don't need to tell you that angle. Our folks marketing folks were taking notes about integrating some of the cool aspects of your gameday experience. I love the aesthetics of our walk. The tight nature walking down the live oak covered boulevard was exceptionally tight.

It was however very disappointing to see so few people move inside the stadium. Are the students that disconnected from the program? That would have been a horrendous home crowd for us in Lynchburg. Hopefully your folks aren't purpled out next Saturday.

Thanks again for the hospitality ont he site the past few months. I hope you guys have a great remainder fo the season.

Glad you enjoyed the Boulevard, Sly. The Liberty fans who made it to the game were loud and enthusiastic. Moving people from the boulevard into the stadium is an ongoing problem. With only 5 wins since 2014 (3 at home) our fan base is looking for reasons to be optimistic. Saturday's game was competitive but hardly a game that would make casual SMU fans think the team has turned a corner.
GoMustAAngs2007
Junior Varsity

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:25 am

gostangs wrote:I do wish many of our out of state students cared as much about football as the rest of us, but we are resigned to this status until we hit 7-8 wins. would expect some big time band-wagonning at that point - by our own students, alums and Dallas in general (see Moody coliseum for example).

We already tried the 7-8 wins thing and it wasn't enough for big time bandwagoning. 10+ wins with regular wins over TCU is more likely to get a response from the locals.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Smulaw90 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:30 am

Sly Fox wrote:Hey, Guys. Congrats on the victory on Saturday. Left feeling frustrated that we could have used those extra 22 scholarships down the stretch. Hopefully the next time we play each other we have joined you in the FBS ranks. Your guys did what they needed to do to win. That West kid from Katy is special. And once you get him more involved in the passing game he will be amazing in open space.

I wasn't sure what to expect from Liberty but I loved their enthusiastic fans and the energy the team played with. It was a much better game than I expected. Still a learning curve for our young team but important that they got the feeling of winning a game and figuring out the little things to keeping a lead.

Good luck the rest of the way.
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Postby Sly Fox » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:32 am

Those SMU fans who bother to pay attention have to like what they see in your young QB & RB. We feel relieved thatw e kept Sutton somewhat in check in spite of all of the injuries in the secondary. That dude is a beast and we feel blessed to not have been burned too often.

I understand the small student body challenge. We have the opposite issue over in Virginia. Ou school has 16k on campus and about 10k of them in the stands each hoem game. But we have a small alumni base having just began in 1971 and not really taken off in growth until the past decade. So students outnumber alumni at our place every game. Hopefully we both can even things out moving forward.

This is a rebuilding year for our young team as well. That QB who came on in the second half for us is a true freshman who didn't arrive on campus until a month ago. We're really excited about his potential.
Sly Fox

PreviousNext

Return to Football