PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Scenario: Baylor given Death Penalty, SMU takes spot in B12

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Scenario: Baylor given Death Penalty, SMU takes spot in B12

Postby dickey1331 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Lol there's a zero percent chance this happens.
dickey1331
Junior Varsity

Re: Scenario: Baylor given Death Penalty, SMU takes spot in

Postby biffula » Wed May 25, 2016 4:44 pm

dickey1331 wrote:Lol there's a zero percent chance this happens.

^^ This. Nothing will happen to Baylor, and no matter what happens to the B12, SMU NEVER gets in.
biffula
Recruit

Postby NavyCrimson » Wed May 25, 2016 5:02 pm

That's true and that's life
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby mr. pony » Fri May 27, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm no Baylor fan - but this ball never gets rolling at UT or OU.
Killed dead in its tracks - never heard or spoken of again.
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby GreenieSMU » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:25 pm

I do not see anyway HCCM goes to Baylor with the looming and very real possibility that the only football that will be played in Waco is at your local high school. What does the Big 12 do if Baylor is forced to shut down their program for 2-5 years? Expansion talks again? I would not want to be at Baylor or have anything to do with the Big 12. Given the circumstances, why anyone would agree to be the Baylor Head Coach is beyond me.
GreenieSMU
Recruit

Postby Stallion » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:34 pm

As I predicted above the NCAA has already stated they will not proceed against Baylor on the criminal/Title IX aspects of this case. I think that is a correct decision for the reasons I discussed above. Now if recruiting violations or illegal inducements spill out of the Baylor mess (ala David Stanley, Sean Stopperich etc) then the NCAA could still find violations. They are investigating some illegal recruiting contacts by Briles Jr. When rats start jumping off the raft it could still blow up in Morris' face but that scenario is pretty speculative right now
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:17 pm

GreenieSMU wrote:Granted, very unlikely but a SMU | Baylor swap in the Big 12 would seem to hold up well. Both private schools, but give me trips to Dallas over Waco any day. Baylor only got into the Big 12 because Ann Richards was an alum and gov at the time. I would love to see that headline one day! Heck, Baylor death penalty is almost good enough for me!

I rather kick out Texas tech than Baylor. Academics suck, football is mediocre and Lubbock is awful.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:21 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
GreenieSMU wrote:Granted, very unlikely but a SMU | Baylor swap in the Big 12 would seem to hold up well. Both private schools, but give me trips to Dallas over Waco any day. Baylor only got into the Big 12 because Ann Richards was an alum and gov at the time. I would love to see that headline one day! Heck, Baylor death penalty is almost good enough for me!

I rather kick out Texas tech than Baylor. Academics suck, football is mediocre and Lubbock is awful.

Your description fits Baylor too....and Waco is worse.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:34 pm

peruna81 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

Your description fits Baylor too....and Waco is worse.

Agree to disagree? I prefer to have a semi-academic Christian school than a school with a degree equaling a GED at best.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:25 pm

Absolutely there will be severe punishment for these rapes and murder. SMU will likely lose a coach, lose recruits and be set back to where they were 2 years ago as the worst team in college football. This will be a terrible punishment for Baylor. They might feel guilty for minutes or maybe up to an hour (but probably won't even give it a second thought, they are certain of their moral superiority). I'm sure the NCAA will find someway to take scholarships away from SMU or ban the basketball team from the post season for causing Baylor this heartache.

Ah, the death penalty, a gift that keeps on giving. The NCAA does not see shielding athletes from criminal charges as an improper benefit. On the other hand helping a kid pass a class or some booster giving a player 20 bucks for a tackle will spark severe moral outrage and demonstrate lack of institutional control. When will those cheaters in Dallas learn?

No member of the NCAA will ever get such Draconian punishment again except, probably, us. Oh, and if we would get into the B12 I'm confident the conference would fold up in 2 years and some beeatch ex-governor would get Baylor in the SEC and we'll end up in the MAC.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby No Quarter » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:21 pm

HubbaHubba wrote:Absolutely there will be severe punishment for these ... end up in the MAC.

^^^^^

Swiftian in its sarcasm.
No Quarter
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football