PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

It could be worse... new CUSA TV deal

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

It could be worse... new CUSA TV deal

Postby skyscraper » Wed May 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Part of CUSA's new TV deal is on a channel I struggle to find watching random intl. soccer games on.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college ... /84800568/

The beIN Sports network announced Monday it had inked a wide-ranging deal with Conference USA. The network will feature 10 men's basketball, 10 women’s basketball, 10 football and 12 baseball games.

The network will also air 12 softball, 10 men’s soccer and 10 women’s soccer games.

“Our commitment to expand beIN SPORTS’ domestic programming is demonstrated with the addition of Conference USA, bringing U.S. viewers elite NCAA Division I sports to enjoy on their TV screens and mobile devices,” Yousef Al-Obaidly, deputy CEO of beIN Media Group, said in a news release. “This strategic partnership will provide our fans with a diverse selection of collegiate sports for the first time ever on our network, including fan favorites such as football, basketball and baseball.”

Conference USA has yet to officially announce the new overall TV deal that also reportedly includes ESPN, CBS Sports Network and the American Sports Network.

Although beIN Sports broadcasts several different sports, soccer has been its cornerstone. The network broadcasts league matches from La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, North American Soccer League and CONMEBOL/CONCACAF/CAF World Cup qualifiers.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: It could be worse... new CUSA TV deal

Postby Digetydog » Wed May 25, 2016 2:25 pm

skyscraper wrote:Part of CUSA's new TV deal is on a channel I struggle to find watching random intl. soccer games on.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college ... /84800568/

The beIN Sports network announced Monday it had inked a wide-ranging deal with Conference USA. The network will feature 10 men's basketball, 10 women’s basketball, 10 football and 12 baseball games.

The network will also air 12 softball, 10 men’s soccer and 10 women’s soccer games.

“Our commitment to expand beIN SPORTS’ domestic programming is demonstrated with the addition of Conference USA, bringing U.S. viewers elite NCAA Division I sports to enjoy on their TV screens and mobile devices,” Yousef Al-Obaidly, deputy CEO of beIN Media Group, said in a news release. “This strategic partnership will provide our fans with a diverse selection of collegiate sports for the first time ever on our network, including fan favorites such as football, basketball and baseball.”

Conference USA has yet to officially announce the new overall TV deal that also reportedly includes ESPN, CBS Sports Network and the American Sports Network.

Although beIN Sports broadcasts several different sports, soccer has been its cornerstone. The network broadcasts league matches from La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, North American Soccer League and CONMEBOL/CONCACAF/CAF World Cup qualifiers.

Isn't that the Spanish sports channel?
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby skyscraper » Wed May 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Yes. They started an American version a few years ago, but it's probably on the super super sports tier of your cable system.
skyscraper

Postby Stallion » Wed May 25, 2016 2:38 pm

They do a pretty professional job with World Cup and Soccer-the more TV networks interested in College Football the better
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Wed May 25, 2016 5:40 pm

It's the station where I watch obscure cycling races...
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Mustangsabu » Wed May 25, 2016 6:24 pm

The more networks that compete for college programming the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Thu May 26, 2016 9:28 am

skyscraper wrote:Yes. They started an American version a few years ago, but it's probably on the super super sports tier of your cable system.

Curious. I discovered that I had the English version. I think they had Gymnastics on last night.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MustangStealth » Thu May 26, 2016 9:36 am

It's actually Al-Jazeera's sports branch.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football