PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor WR wants out; school says no Big 12 transfer

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor WR wants out; school says no Big 12 transfer

Postby PonyPride » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:16 pm

PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Baylor WR wants out; school says no Big 12 transfer

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Baylor trying to keep status quo. Not just making them meet with Grobe first but actually denying them releases.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:11 pm

This is common practice with scholarship players within a conference that when a player asks for a transfer that he is not allowed to transfer to a school in the conference. Some schools even add that they can't transfer to any school in the state as well but Baylor did not do that.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:23 pm

"Several members of Baylor's 2016 class who did not enroll have spoken with interim coach Jim Grobe about their release requests. Cornerback Parrish Cobb and running back Kameron Martin were told the staff will not release the freshmen from their NLIs."

The guy on the team is restricted and I get that. The ones that haven't enrolled and want releases to play immediately somewhere else are out of luck. NCAA would have to weigh in on that and the timing is good because they wouldn't get a decision until late summer.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Hilltopper » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:49 pm

Didn't State Penn eventually allow its players to transfer without making them sit out a year? I would think that at some point, Baylor will have to do the same.
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Hilltopper wrote:Didn't State Penn eventually allow its players to transfer without making them sit out a year? I would think that at some point, Baylor will have to do the same.

That was because the NCAA sanctioned Penn State and allowed players to transfer without sitting out. It's up to the NCAA not Baylor. Just like SMU players were allowed to go anywhere and not sit out the year they got the DP.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby peruna81 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:02 pm

I know TDD well...he is a remarkable player, and someone who gets busy in the classroom with the same enthusiasm. He along with Michael Coffey (OL) were involved at the church I pastor in Navasota.

I would retract my earlier statement about taking anyone from Baylor on transfer....these two would bring quality and ability.

Dickson will make a careful decision about where he goes to school, as well as what he studies...he wants a career after football is through. I'm not at all surprised that he is wanting out of that cesspool in Waco.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 03Mustang » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:25 pm

Great opportunity for us if we can get some of these transfers. Gotta keep them away from Houston.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:16 am

03Mustang wrote:Great opportunity for us if we can get some of these transfers. Gotta keep them away from Houston.

If you are talking about transfers, SMU only has one slot open as we are at 84 scholarship players now. And that spot is about to get taken up by a non Baylor player. Transfers are probably not happening this year unless someone else on the SMU team quits or transfers out opening up another slot.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Stallion » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 am

it possibly could for 2017. The kids who haven't attended class could enroll at another school and play in 2017 without a 1 year residence
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Digetydog » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:21 am

Personally, I don't care if we get any of their recruits from 2016. We are basically full and as ready as we will ever be for the Fall.

The ability of Baylor to make foolish, short sighted decisions has been shocking. Apparently, nobody on that campus knows anything about Crisis Management.
1) Firing Briles but leaving his staff in place - Stupid. Everyone knows that at least some of them knew about the issues. As it leaks out over time, they will look worse and worse.
2) Forcing kids to attend your school is not a great way to impress the 2017 players or their coaches. Would you allow your kid to attend a school willing to screw over kids like that? If you were a coach, would you trust them with your players?
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyPride » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:53 pm

Saw a story yesterday - don't remember where so I know nothing about the credibility of the author or media outlet - that said Houston is leading the race for him. Hope that's not the case.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby PonyTime » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:48 am

Rebel10 wrote:
03Mustang wrote:Great opportunity for us if we can get some of these transfers. Gotta keep them away from Houston.

If you are talking about transfers, SMU only has one slot open as we are at 84 scholarship players now. And that spot is about to get taken up by a non Baylor player. Transfers are probably not happening this year unless someone else on the SMU team quits or transfers out opening up another slot.

Does your count of 84 include OL William Barnes?
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football