PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Art Briles Returns?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Art Briles Returns?

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:24 pm

He's calling out for help -----
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:28 pm

I am really starting to think we beat them.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:34 pm

After that first snap and Matt running for his life by pissed off guys that can't transfer will see.
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:48 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:I am really starting to think we beat them.

SMU defense vs. Russell, Stidham, Cannon, Linwood, Jefferson, etc, etc.......get real.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby leopold » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 pm

As it stands now either all this attention is going to focus and motivate them or leave them completely disarrayed. If it's the latter we have a chance; if the former we're in trouble.

That, and keep in mind that last year they came in expecting a pushover and found a team with a little bit of talent at positions and schemes they didn't have the year before - they were surprised. This year, they are going in expecting a fight, and it's at their place. Big difference.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:05 am

leopold wrote:As it stands now either all this attention is going to focus and motivate them or leave them completely disarrayed. If it's the latter we have a chance; if the former we're in trouble.

That, and keep in mind that last year they came in expecting a pushover and found a team with a little bit of talent at positions and schemes they didn't have the year before - they were surprised. This year, they are going in expecting a fight, and it's at their place. Big difference.

Plus Grobe will be trying to win big every week to try to get the job on a permanent basis.
CalallenStang

Postby Digetydog » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:32 am

CalallenStang wrote:
leopold wrote:As it stands now either all this attention is going to focus and motivate them or leave them completely disarrayed. If it's the latter we have a chance; if the former we're in trouble.

Plus Grobe will be trying to win big every week to try to get the job on a permanent basis.

I have heard that the long term plan might be for Grobe to take over as AD.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sbsmith » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:32 pm

No chance of them being "completely disarrayed" unless they lose a bunch of starters and coaches. They obviously won't be nearly as crisp without Art Briles but they'll still destroy the teams on their OOC slate.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby GreenbeltPony » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:47 pm

They're still stacked with talent. Assuming Grobe gives the offensive reins to Kendall Briles, it'll be interesting to see how the results compare to those under his father.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby Puckhead48E » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:27 am

This forum has devolved into a collection of guys yelling at each other, to yell at the kids, to get off their lawns.

I, for one, love it!

And I too hope we beat Baylor. But to pick us is absolute insanity.

I love that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football