PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New Big 12 Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: New Big 12 Thread

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:14 pm

I like the comments from 'MileHighMark'

"Why doesn't the whole state of Texas just form the BigTex. There are 12 D1 schools that are playing in your state, UT, TT, Baylor, TCU, A&M and Houston will all be in bowl games every year just like any other power conference. UTEP, UTSA, North Texas, RICE, SMU and Texas St. can fight for a bowl game every year if they schedule right. And your annual payout could be structured via performance. The conference winner gets the most money, the last place team gets the least. You lock up your entire states recruiting and your state reaps ALL the rewards of keeping it in-house. If the first 6 schools play strong non conference schedules they can keep a national presence as well as local domination, who'd deny the state P5 err P6 status? Not me...

Let Oklahoma, OSU, Kansas, KSU, WVU and ISU grab up all the Cincinatti's, Memphis', CSU's, UConn's and BYU's in D1 and make a go of it. I think they'd probably fill bowl slots too. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby PK » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Mosley: I don't sense Gerald and the boys are getting their hands dirty right now. I could be wrong. Maybe it's happening behind closed doors.
In other words, he doesn't really know Jack about what SMU is doing...just mouthing off.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:28 pm

PK wrote:
Mosley: I don't sense Gerald and the boys are getting their hands dirty right now. I could be wrong. Maybe it's happening behind closed doors.
In other words, he doesn't really know Jack about what SMU is doing...just mouthing off.

Mosley is an idiot. TCU did all of their Big 12 maneuvering behind closed doors
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football