PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Happy about TCU, sad about UH

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Happy about TCU, sad about UH

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sat Jul 15, 2000 4:55 pm

Can't we work something out so we can play UH and TCU. I think our rivalry with TCU is far more important that playing UH, but I think having UH on the schedule is a good game, maybe even could have been the start of a new rivalry. Things change in a year, maybe we will have a cancelation and can get them back!

Does anyone else feel this way?

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: Happy about TCU, sad about UH

Postby graypony » Sat Jul 15, 2000 11:44 pm

Oh, it can be worked out. Start winning and bring some fans and excitement to Ford and they will both be "required" conference games.
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby ALL4SMU » Sun Jul 16, 2000 1:50 am

Do we know is we are going to replace them with? I just hope it is a team that is above average....I wonder if we could play Tech, or Baylor, or someone like that,

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sun Jul 16, 2000 2:26 am

All4SMU, you must not have read the articles on the "News" section of Ponyfans.com. There are a couple of links to articles that say, we have replaced the UH game with TCU.

Where have you been All4SMU, you seem to have been quiet these past couple of days. And your grammar on the above post is kind of strange. Get some rest my friend!

------------------
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby PonyGirl » Mon Jul 17, 2000 1:14 pm

Great move. Good to see the rivalry continue. Gives us more chances to extend our series lead! Maybe not this year, but we're on our way back up.
PonyGirl
Varsity

Postby SMUstang » Mon Jul 17, 2000 10:52 pm

This is good news for rivalry. But also important for increased gate. Last time we played Houston in the Cotton Bowl, it was raining and looked like there were no fans in the stands. Reported attendance was around 11,000 I think.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby PonyTales » Tue Jul 18, 2000 11:26 am

That's true - but for those who were at the game, a lot of folks estimated there were MAYBE 1,000 or 1,500 at kickoff. It was ugly. TCU will draw fans (ours and theirs) -- UofH won't draw anyone.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Cougar_Brass » Sun Jul 23, 2000 5:31 am

Speaking as a UH fan, it's not tough to see the reasoning behind this. I don't have a problem with you wanting to play your rival. However, I am dissapointed that I won't get the chance to see your new stadium. Anyway, good luck on the upcoming season (except when you play us Image )
Cougar_Brass

Return to Football