PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

board traffic

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: board traffic

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:47 pm

well travelled pony wrote:
PonyTime wrote:I like to hear what the common man (or woman) thinks of SMU football. Not what those Ed Cox/Gerald Ford high rollers that pay for scout have to say. That's why I sit and the stands and not in the Luxury Boxes.

I will stick with PonyFans for my content.

If you are nostalgic for what SocalPony, Dukie, Stallion, ProfX LA Mustang, Hugg or Rich Alum had to say on mustangsmaniacs.com 15 years ago, you can always visit the old forum here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011020215821/http://mustangmaniacs.com/forum/

or

http://web.archive.org/web/20020202225328/http://mustangmaniacs.com/forum/

I was SoCal Pony back then. Ted's site was a great place back then. Wish SMU wasn't so mired down. Hard being a Pony fan.

Go Ponies!

too funny

I discovered Mustang Maniacs at the tail-end of the Cavan era. I posted under SoCal Pony. Funny I never remembered there being 2 of us.

What I do remember was when I found MMs, I was expecting to see dozens and dozens of Stallion-type posters (like myself) who were royally pi$$ed at our administration for how they were destroying our athletics department. Surprisingly, Shockingly to me, he was in an extreme minority.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Nacho » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:27 pm

easily the most fun smu board ever. phil bennet couldn't handle the site so he got it shut down. what a loser.
Nacho

Postby jpe747 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Maybe people aren't real active because...I enjoy reading what you guys have to say and when I see or hear something that might be news I know you will see it soon and put it on the Ponyfans board. So why me when there is you..? :D
jpe747
Heisman

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:10 pm

I think I will start a thread on "The Block" That should get at least two guys back involved.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby mrydel » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Aghhhhhhhh
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby NewAgeMustange » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Actually posting to smu might get more students on here. I didn't know about this sight till years after I graduated. I know some Lsu guys that check here for news but that's about it. I feel the market has room. If y'all have a fb , or Twitter maybe share or try to get something with Morris?
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby ReedFrawg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:18 pm

StangGang wrote:
ReedFrawg wrote:Fine...I'll post more here about TCU. Some of us are still lurking....

Chance the frogs take a beating at Ford this season?

0% of course!
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby Nedward » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Treadway21 wrote:I think I will start a thread on "The Block" That should get at least two guys back involved.

Just create a black horseshoes thread and that will get things kicking!
Nedward
Junior Varsity

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Whoa, look who's back!
smusic 00

Postby well travelled pony » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:59 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
well travelled pony wrote:
PonyTime wrote:I like to hear what the common man (or woman) thinks of SMU football. Not what those Ed Cox/Gerald Ford high rollers that pay for scout have to say. That's why I sit and the stands and not in the Luxury Boxes.

I will stick with PonyFans for my content.

If you are nostalgic for what SocalPony, Dukie, Stallion, ProfX LA Mustang, Hugg or Rich Alum had to say on mustangsmaniacs.com 15 years ago, you can always visit the old forum here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011020215821/http://mustangmaniacs.com/forum/

or

http://web.archive.org/web/20020202225328/http://mustangmaniacs.com/forum/

I was SoCal Pony back then. Ted's site was a great place back then. Wish SMU wasn't so mired down. Hard being a Pony fan.

Go Ponies!

too funny

I discovered Mustang Maniacs at the tail-end of the Cavan era. I posted under SoCal Pony. Funny I never remembered there being 2 of us.

What I do remember was when I found MMs, I was expecting to see dozens and dozens of Stallion-type posters (like myself) who were royally pi$$ed at our administration for how they were destroying our athletics department. Surprisingly, Shockingly to me, he was in an extreme minority.

Hey So Cal, toward the end of MM, I had moved, twice, hence my current handle here. Back in LA area now.

And yes, I too was upset at seeing my alma mater wallow. Wish I had the dough to help make that change, but alas, that isn't my stratosphere. Regardless, I do bleed red and blue. And desperately hope.

Go Ponies!
well travelled pony
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:01 am

Mustang Donuts was incredible this morning
smupony94

Postby West Coast Johnny » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Pony Boss wrote:I saw West Coast Johnny post here the other day

I read the board every day. I'd post more but I need better material. Can't you arange a dog-beating or something more Baylor-esque that I can troll?
West Coast Johnny
All-American

Postby PerunasHoof » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:15 pm

West Coast Johnny wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:I saw West Coast Johnny post here the other day

I read the board every day. I'd post more but I need better material. Can't you arange a dog-beating or something more Baylor-esque that I can troll?

Something that SMU and TCU fans can come together on, a mutual dislike of Baylor.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:32 pm

PonyTime wrote:If you are nostalgic for what SocalPony, Dukie, Stallion, ProfX LA Mustang, Hugg or Rich Alum had to say on mustangsmaniacs.com 15 years ago, you can always visit the old forum here:

Paul Hugg....may his soul rest in peace.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:09 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
PonyTime wrote:If you are nostalgic for what SocalPony, Dukie, Stallion, ProfX LA Mustang, Hugg or Rich Alum had to say on mustangsmaniacs.com 15 years ago, you can always visit the old forum here:

Paul Hugg....may his soul rest in peace.

Unfortunately, many of our old posters have already moved on to that great pasture in the sky.
ALEX LIFESON

PreviousNext

Return to Football