PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

| 2016 SMU Football Predictions |

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: | 2016 SMU Football Predictions |

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:07 am

Pony Boss wrote:I say Tom Herman goes to A&M before HCCM if a coaching change occurs there...I dont think there will be a coaching change.

If UH gets a Big 12 invite, he may very well stay in Houston. Had a great recruiting class and will replace Greg Ward Jr with 5-star A&M QB transfer Kyle Allen next year.

I think Herman will stay at UH until a really big job comes calling (Texas, USC, LSU, OSU if Urban Meyer gets "sick" again)
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:05 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:I say Tom Herman goes to A&M before HCCM if a coaching change occurs there...I dont think there will be a coaching change.

If UH gets a Big 12 invite, he may very well stay in Houston. Had a great recruiting class and will replace Greg Ward Jr with 5-star A&M QB transfer Kyle Allen next year.

I think Herman will stay at UH until a really big job comes calling (Texas, USC, LSU, OSU if Urban Meyer gets "sick" again)

Replace Herman with Morris and Houston with SMU. I say the exact same thing. Chad ain't going anywhere except for a blue blood. That being said, people do need to lock arms...I'm talkin bout that IPF folks.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:14 am

Pony Boss wrote:

Replace Herman with Morris and Houston with SMU. I say the exact same thing. Chad ain't going anywhere except for a blue blood. That being said, people do need to lock arms...I'm talkin bout that IPF folks.

Have you called Rick and written your check yet?
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby Pony Boss » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:35 am

PerunasHoof wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:[quote="Pony Boss"]I say Tom Herman goes to A&M before HCCM if a coaching change occurs there...I dont think there will be a coaching change.

Have you called Rick and written your check yet?[/quote]
Yeah. How much have you given towards the IPF so far?
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:28 am

Now we're comparing wallet sizes?

Everyone on this board realizes we need to build the IPC, constantly complaining about it won't get us anywhere.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby ponyte » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:38 am

It will depend on the development and contributions from the younger players and injuries. If all goes well, I think we can win 6-7. If things go like a typical football season (injuries and slow development) 4-5 wins.
Last edited by ponyte on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ponyte

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:43 am

ponyte wrote:It will depend on the development and contributions from the younger players and injuries. If all goes well, I think we can win 6-7. If things like like a typical football season (injuries and slow development) 4-5 wins.

ponyte, I was getting worried. I hadn't seen you post in a little while.

5 wins should be attainable this year. Baylor is vulnerable too, we just need to take advantage.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby ponyte » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 am

I'm getting geared up. Been a busy summer with many distractions. Got my season tickets and that helps remind me its the best time of the year. I just hope I can get a goo stream of the game.
ponyte

Postby peruna81 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:44 pm

In addition, WR Tren'Davion Dickson transferred in to UH from Jerusalem on the Brazos. Allen will have someone to throw to next year. UH will be formidable for some time to come.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby okcponyfan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet,

http://www.downthedrive.com/2016/8/29/1 ... of-college

I hope this guy is right
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby sbsmith » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:01 pm

okcponyfan wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet,

http://www.downthedrive.com/2016/8/29/1 ... of-college

I hope this guy is right

From the end of the article

"As always, this is a work of parody and not intended to be taken seriously."
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Pony Boss » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Would be nice if true
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUstang07 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:27 pm

Lol. Guy Clearly did no research on our conference.

2016 Prediction: 3 wins. We'll beat either ECU or Tulane plus the two gimmies. Tulsa is still ahead of us (and they are at home) and our last game was 63-0 vs. Memphis. People need to temper expectations but we will be improved.
SMUstang07
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:23 pm

I'm predicting SMU goes 4-8 largely because of an over-matched and/or inexperienced Defense especially at LB and DB. Offense will make strong strides though and could outscore some of these AAC teams. After watching some of these AAC openers I'm tempted to say 5-7 but that would be cheating.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Mestengo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:37 pm

After watching the offense yesterday I'm making a revision of 3 and 9 that's my final
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football