PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Going for an easy win in 2018

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Going for an easy win in 2018

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:49 pm

tristatecoog wrote:I guess the more interesting teams like SFA, TX State and Sam Houston require 1:1s, 2:1s or more money. They'd bring more fans and Pony fans would have more interest in those teams than HBU or Incarnate Word. Even ACU would draw better and have more local appeal. Hopefully, HBU doesn't have a bunch of redshirt seniors on the team in 2018 like UTSA when they beat UH in the stadium opener.

We do not need to return games to Texas State, SFA, Sam Houston or ACU. Those should be only in ford. Only teams we should do 1 on 1s should be P5s or Boise State and BYU. I still don't get why we need to return games to North Texas
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:I guess the more interesting teams like SFA, TX State and Sam Houston require 1:1s, 2:1s or more money. They'd bring more fans and Pony fans would have more interest in those teams than HBU or Incarnate Word. Even ACU would draw better and have more local appeal. Hopefully, HBU doesn't have a bunch of redshirt seniors on the team in 2018 like UTSA when they beat UH in the stadium opener.

We do not need to return games to Texas State, SFA, Sam Houston or ACU. Those should be only in ford. Only teams we should do 1 on 1s should be P5s or Boise State and BYU. I still don't get why we need to return games to North Texas

7th home game
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:19 pm

TX State is now FBS so I doubt they will come to Ford without a return visit. Might be able to get a 2 for 1 deal, but if we want home games only, have to think FCS schools from Southland or other FCS conferences
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony^ » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:58 pm

peruna81 wrote:To the Op's premise, there is no such thing as an "easy win" in our current (or for that matter,2018) version of Mustang football....

see James Madison University.

not trying to be Debbie Downer, just the reality that this ship has charted a new course, but we have yet to see the return. To presume that there is a team that we could walk through is arrogance at the least, and idiocy in the most common form.

BTW, Pony^ this is NOT an attack on you or your opinion...my hope is in fact is that we will be at a place in 2018 that we can expect to compete and win on any field against any team.

peruna81,

No offense taken. I did say we were going for the easy win, I didn't say we would get it. These games have to be played, just ask Michigan about their game with Appalachian state in 2007. That said, I do believe the intention was to schedule a game that would likely lead to an easy win. If we have trouble with Houston Baptist in 2018, we are in worse shape than I thought.
Pony^
All-American

Postby peruna81 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Pony^ wrote:
peruna81 wrote:To the Op's premise, there is no such thing as an "easy win" in our current (or for that matter,2018) version of Mustang football....

see James Madison University.

not trying to be Debbie Downer, just the reality that this ship has charted a new course, but we have yet to see the return. To presume that there is a team that we could walk through is arrogance at the least, and idiocy in the most common form.

BTW, Pony^ this is NOT an attack on you or your opinion...my hope is in fact is that we will be at a place in 2018 that we can expect to compete and win on any field against any team.

peruna81,

No offense taken. I did say we were going for the easy win, I didn't say we would get it. These games have to be played, just ask Michigan about their game with Appalachian state in 2007. That said, I do believe the intention was to schedule a game that would likely lead to an easy win. If we have trouble with Houston Baptist in 2018, we are in worse shape than I thought.

Amen
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Going for a easy win in 2018

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:55 am

Pony Boss wrote:SMU dropped the Michigan game.

Really? That sucks, I've been excited about that.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football