PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU/ Coach Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU/ Coach Morris

Postby OLEJACKETFAN » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:13 pm

I have noticed a couple Post from people bashing the football Program. Not getting a QB & scheduling a weak game in 2018. Comparing SMU & Houston Coaches. I believe if everyone will be patient Chad will get this thing turned around. I have seen this mans last 8 Coaching Stops. All were very successful. Some were not Down Programs when he took over, but regardless he made them ALL better! I think SMU is without a doubt the biggest challenge he has faced ever. But he will fix it. As far as QBs, you don't always get the one you want no matter how hard you try. I do know he has a very good one looking at SMU. Lets look at the Houston, TCU, & Baylor Games. Player for player. How many SMU guys were better than the opposite player on the other Team? Most of the time we were just younger or less talent. That is rapidly changing! I will predict a few things; SMU will win 5/6 games this year. This isn't a huge reach. At the end of the year Herman & Morris will be viewed evenly. I also think Chad was the best person/Coach for SMU at the time. 2017 will be the big improvement. Lets all be patient. SMU has the right guy to fix it.
OLEJACKETFAN
Scout Team

Re: SMU/ Coach Morris

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Anyone here with a clue knows Chad was and is the right guy for the job. As for the QB situation next year, I think that might have just gotten fixed tonight!
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:18 pm

too late-he just got a Gold Chip QB tonite -ready to go in 2017-the Defense just has too many holes for 2016. He has the kids on campus to turn this around-and its only going to get better. We get to watch one of the great turnarounds in the SMU History-from the foundation up
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMUstangs22 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:24 pm

As long as he stays we are in good hands
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Definitely. Pony Up. Get Here.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby OLEJACKETFAN » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:45 pm

He wont leave till he fixes it. Im sure of that. Also if anyone knows his History, he will not go to Baylor. Im sure of that! If the Offense can stay as good and reduce the mistakes, D can reduce a TD or 2. SMU will win a couple shootouts this way!
OLEJACKETFAN
Scout Team

Postby peruna81 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Stallion wrote:too late-he just got a Gold Chip QB tonite -ready to go in 2017-the Defense just has too many holes for 2016. He has the kids on campus to turn this around-and its only going to get better. We get to watch one of the great turnarounds in the SMU History-from the foundation up

^This^
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:50 pm

OLEJACKETFAN wrote:He wont leave till he fixes it. Im sure of that. Also if anyone knows his History, he will not go to Baylor. Im sure of that! If the Offense can stay as good and reduce the mistakes, D can reduce a TD or 2. SMU will win a couple shootouts this way!

I have no worries about Chad going to BU...that is a dead end job for the foreseeable future. I do worry about him going to A&M if Sumlin underachieves this year...
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby leopold » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Stallion wrote:too late-he just got a Gold Chip QB tonite -ready to go in 2017-the Defense just has too many holes for 2016. He has the kids on campus to turn this around-and its only going to get better. We get to watch one of the great turnarounds in the SMU History-from the foundation up

I watched Stallion call it like it was for years, and it was always negative. Now that he's nothing but sunshine-and-rainbows, everybody needs to wake up and get on board.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby well travelled pony » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:34 am

leopold wrote:

I watched Stallion call it like it was for years, and it was always negative. Now that he's nothing but sunshine-and-rainbows, everybody needs to wake up and get on board.

+1

Go Ponies!
well travelled pony
All-American

Postby TidePony » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:22 am

True
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby 3rdGenPony » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:55 am

Ditto
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Postby 3rdGenPony » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:56 am

Ditto
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:04 am

HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:41 am

OLEJACKETFAN wrote:He wont leave till he fixes it. I'm sure of that.

:lol:
Bergermeister

Next

Return to Football