PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SID - New Rally House in Euless

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SID - New Rally House in Euless

Postby ojaipony » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks SID.

I think what's being implied behind all this is: they don't stock because they don't see the demand! As Stallion has pointed out numerous times, if you don't like attendance or money or support of our program, then DO SOMETHING (our program is only as strong as we alums make it). Yes, UNT is a joke. Yes, UH is dogshit. And don't get me started on TcWHO or TTU or the Whorns or, worst of all, Baylor. But the DEMAND is there so you see their stuff (well maybe not so much UNT lol).

Even if we had the most aggressive "licensing/retail" dept in the country, even I wouldn't carry the stuff if no one is knocking down my door to buy it (well, for SMU, of course I would but you get my point). Economics 101.

So:

1 - tell the store to carry our stuff and you'll BUY it.
2 - tell all your friends the same (bring them with you to the store)
3 - get you and everyone you know INTO the stadium for games at kickoff.
4 - donate whatever money you can
5 - WEAR SMU gear frequently. Become a walking billboard.

Thank you,
THE 1500.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Had a sports store here in North Little Rock that carried most every college and pro team imaginable in every sport imaginable. No SMU. I asked them for some they said they had none. I told them I would not buy and left. They went out of business.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:22 pm

TCU [deleted] is everywhere...I'm pretty sure being in the big 12 affects that more than anything.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby RI Stang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:47 pm

PonySnob wrote:Plenty of good stuff over at the Bookstore. Head to the Boulevard a little early and stock up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But if you want t-shirt fans your t-shirts have to be available in places other than on campus.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Rally House on Greenville does pretty good.
smusic 00

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:53 pm

RI Stang wrote:
PonySnob wrote:Plenty of good stuff over at the Bookstore. Head to the Boulevard a little early and stock up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But if you want t-shirt fans your t-shirts have to be available in places other than on campus.
walmart, academy, Walgreens all have good tshirts. But our footprint is limited.
smusic 00

Postby redpony » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:20 pm

One of the posters on pf showed a SMU banner he bought at Signature Collectibles. At the time he said they had 16. My daughter went over two days later to buy me one and they only had 3 left.
SMU stuff will sell if they give it a chance.
redpony

Postby bubba pony » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:28 pm

a year or two ago I flew in/out of Love Field and the sports store in the airport had everyone but SMU. Folks, this is Love Field where thousands pass through. Certainly within our bubble. I'll be at Love Field on Tuesday and report back.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Follow the SID procedure.
smusic 00

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:21 pm

TJ Maxx in Richardson had about 8 fitted hats. I got one, came back a few days later and they were all gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:17 am

bubba pony wrote:a year or two ago I flew in/out of Love Field and the sports store in the airport had everyone but SMU. Folks, this is Love Field where thousands pass through. Certainly within our bubble. I'll be at Love Field on Tuesday and report back.

Pony Boss wrote:<br />I have asked management from a few stores as to why they dont have SMU and they say that SMU is a pain with their licensing so the distributors rarely want to carry stuff.
<br /><br />:lol::lol::lol:<br /><br />This is a complete lie - but a common one. Stores don't want to tell the customer that they're wrong, so they shift blame. It's a common practice that's used with more schools than SMU at more places than Rally House.<br /><br />If you're shopping somewhere and they don't carry SMU, do this:<br />1. Ask to speak to the manager and let them know you are interested in SMU merchandise.<br />2. Ask them why they do not carry SMU.<br />3. Take notes - Store name, manager/clerk name<br />4. Fill out this form - http://smumustangs.com/sb_output.aspx?form=6.<br /><br />We will follow up with them. Licensing has been a huge growth area for us over the past decade. We're available in more stores than ever and set revenue records every year, but what matters most here is you - the customer. YOU ARE KING. Be vocal. Let them know that you want SMU gear and that they've lost a sale because they didn't carry your team. Money talks.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby dickey1331 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:12 pm

LIDS doesn't have a problem carrying SMU hats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dickey1331
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Football