PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SID - New Rally House in Euless

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SID - New Rally House in Euless

Postby RI Stang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:01 pm

A new Rally House just opened in Euless, about 25 minutes from campus, across 360 from DFW Airport. For some reason, they even have UNT gear but nothing for SMU. I don't get it.

http://www.rallyhouse.com/rally-house-euless
RI Stang
All-American

Re: SID - New Rally House in Euless

Postby PonyTime » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:15 pm

This is a serious question. Why do people assume that the SID has something to do with this? Does the SID negotiate the merchandising of SMU athletics apparel. I really don't know much about athletic department org structure - not intending to flame.

Know that there have been a lot of changes in the Athletic department over the years and Marketing has moved in house and out of house many times. Would think this would fall under a Sports Marketing person (if that exists at SMU anymore - all I remember are the days of Dan Bell).
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RI Stang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:22 pm

It's a good question and I don't know the answer. To be honest - I addressed it to SID because I know he views the board pretty regularly and thus could at least inform the correct person while I wouldn't know where to start within the AD.

Just seems very odd to me that we constantly hear about the push towards being Dallas' team yet a huge store just a short drive into the burbs has no mention of SMU while maintaining inventory for a large number of schools much farther away.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:45 pm

I have asked management from a few stores as to why they dont have SMU and they say that SMU is a pain with their licensing so the distributors rarely want to carry stuff.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 pm

not surprising. SMU is hardly known outside of the bubble
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Maybe someone could put together an FAQs page for oft asked and pondered topics such as these
RGV Pony

Postby Mestengo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Ok FAQ #1

Why don't they have our stuff?
Answer: No one will buy it.
:mrgreen:
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RI Stang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Can't wait until the day we catch up to UNT then, those will surely be the glory days
RI Stang
All-American

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:14 pm

This seems to be a rally House issue. When the one opened on Greenville and Lovers they had very little SMU gear. I asked the manager why and she said that SMU was very difficult to deal with as far what they could sell. I believe it was SID who then posted that SMU put no limitations on what they could carry. Who knows.....
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby TidePony » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm wondering why the Nike store at Northpark doesn't carry our stuff??? And, that's in the bubble.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU SID » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Pony Boss wrote:I have asked management from a few stores as to why they dont have SMU and they say that SMU is a pain with their licensing so the distributors rarely want to carry stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a complete lie - but a common one. Stores don't want to tell the customer that they're wrong, so they shift blame. It's a common practice that's used with more schools than SMU at more places than Rally House.

If you're shopping somewhere and they don't carry SMU, do this:
1. Ask to speak to the manager and let them know you are interested in SMU merchandise.
2. Ask them why they do not carry SMU.
3. Take notes - Store name, manager/clerk name
4. Fill out this form - http://smumustangs.com/sb_output.aspx?form=6.

We will follow up with them. Licensing has been a huge growth area for us over the past decade. We're available in more stores than ever and set revenue records every year, but what matters most here is you - the customer. YOU ARE KING. Be vocal. Let them know that you want SMU gear and that they've lost a sale because they didn't carry your team. Money talks.
SMU SID
All-American

Postby SMU SID » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:41 pm

TidePony wrote:I'm wondering why the Nike store at Northpark doesn't carry our stuff??? And, that's in the bubble.

This one's not as simple. The reason why SMU merchandise has not been in the Northpark store is because, like many schools, SMU retail is managed by BCS (Branded Custom Sportswear) and not Nike out of Oregon. The store at Northpark is a Nike Corporate store and all merchandise is provided by them.

Still, we understand the desire/benefit to be in the store and as a result our licensee team has reached out to both Nike and BCS to talk about the opportunity. The ask from us is for consideration to taken by Nike to bring in SMU Nike branded apparel from BCS. This is still in process.
SMU SID
All-American

Postby Mestengo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Try buying UCF gear in Orlando lol
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonySnob » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Plenty of good stuff over at the Bookstore. Head to the Boulevard a little early and stock up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:01 pm

PonySnob wrote:Plenty of good stuff over at the Bookstore. Head to the Boulevard a little early and stock up.

This
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Next

Return to Football