PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Vic Viloria

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Vic Viloria

Postby 03Mustang » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Hope everything is ok with him - not a great story out of Tallahassee. Great Mustang.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... rested-dui
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Vic Viloria

Postby mtrout » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:13 am

.12 bac yet passed out in his truck at a traffic light? that doesn't add up.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2 ... /89481650/
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:34 am

5am and .12? That makes a lot of sense. Drunk and tired = sleep at the wheel with foot on brake and drive off when cops show up. very lucky no one was hurt or worse. Get good,vic!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Hope he straightens that out. I always liked that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Damn hate to hear this about Vic. Wish he would have requested an UBER ride, would have saved a lot of money. I suppose he will be fired if convicted.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:21 pm

I say hire him as a strength coach in Coach Tru's team
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:52 pm

That would be too awesome to ever actually happen but if you want to win championships...

Vic won't get fired. It's florida state.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Alaric » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:27 am

Take Uber. I can't believe I never had a wreck during my party years, ashamed to admit...

Just saw that the great Dee Dowis died around 5:00 am while driving the wrong way on an interstate. 48 yo father. RIP. Don't take chances
Alaric
Hall of Famer

Postby Dutch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:34 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:I suppose he will be fired if convicted.

we're talking about Florida State here.

that said, i'd love if Vic had a reason to move back to Dallas/SMU to 'rebuild' his career/reputation.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Florida State has suspended strength coach Vic Viloria following his DUI arrest last week.

"According to the Tallahassee Democrat, Viloria’s suspension, which is without pay, spans 30 days. The suspension, issued via a statement from school president John Thrasher, starts Friday, Sept. 2 and concludes Oct. 2, meaning Viloria will miss five games."

From the Democrat:

The coach said he was given a bottle of whisky by the “Showtime” crew and that he opened the bottle in his office and began to drink with two or three “Showtime” employees.

Viloria said he decided it was “inappropriate” to drink in his office where “other university employees or students could possibly see us,” so Viloria and the employees moved to the “Showtime” trailer. Viloria indicated he had initially planned to stay at his office all night but later decided to drive home.

“I have suspended Coach Viloria for more than a third of the football season to send a strong message about the very serious nature of his offense,” Thrasher said in a statement. “We have an outstanding athletics program, and fans must know it operates with class and reflects the university’s values. We are continuing to work with Showtime on their fall series showcasing our talented team, and they have been responsive to our concerns.”

Under the terms of his suspension, Viloria will miss Monday’s season opener vs. Ole Miss in Orlando, home games against Charleston Southern (Sept. 10) and North Carolina (Oct. 1) and road games at Louisville (Sept. 17) and USF (Sept. 24).

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/florida-st ... 25289.html
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Yup suspended 1 month. Slap on the wrist. Still banks over 300k this year. He probably made 50 at smu.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Return to Football