PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HUGE loss

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

HUGE loss

Postby Horsing Around » Wed Aug 01, 2001 4:45 pm

Heard Michael Brown is out for the year with an injury (ripped up knee, if I remember right.) THat sucks. It's not like he's a huge threat in the passing offense (because they never throw to him, not because he can't catch), but having him line up at tight end is like having an extra offensive lineman up there. He can block a runaway train. We have other tight ends -- Billy Ford can play there, we all know Hampton's a stud, Trent Hrncir (buy a vowel, man) was moved there in the spring .... but missing Brown is gonna hurt us.
Horsing Around

Re: HUGE loss

Postby saguarostang » Wed Aug 01, 2001 9:37 pm

When did this happen to Michael Brown.
saguarostang
Junior Varsity

Postby kanucklehead » Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:26 pm

That's too bad. I think losing Leroy Price will be an even bigger loss. He was really coming into his own the last few games last year.
kanucklehead

Postby Pony88' » Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:31 pm

Don't be a knucklehead. Price is a great player, but brown is a key part of our offense. The coaches were playing him at the fullback position in the spring. It is a shame we lost him and Price, but so far Brown is the biggest lost. I heard Trent Hrncir might be out also, anyone heard anything?
Go RED AND BLUE
Pony88'

Postby Vitale » Thu Aug 02, 2001 4:19 pm

Last I heard Trent H. was making quite an impression in spring drills. For someone who came to SMU as a defensive end, he showed great hands -- made the easy catches and several spectacular grabs, as well -- awesome, Baby! And I hear he showed very quick progress as a blocker. Maybe a diamond in the rough?
Vitale
All-American

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 02, 2001 4:24 pm

Brownie was not a key part of the offense. He only came in on two tight end sets, otherwise it was Hamp. Hrncir did just fine in the spring and really turned a lot of heads so, even though Brownie will be missed, it won't be sorely.

Hrncir hurt his foot, but will be fine for practice.

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Thu Aug 02, 2001 4:26 pm

Do we have any freshman or redshirt freshman TE's?
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football