PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL GAME 4 THREAD: TCU vs. SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL GAME 4 THREAD: TCU vs. SMU

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:17 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:Different game with Matt davis in there. Think our offense would have worn your defense down but your offense could have put up more points.

I couldn't believe Morris punted from the 36 and then tried for a FG on 4th and 1. That was disturbing to me as a TCU fan...couldn't believe he wasn't willing to go for it. Nothing to lose. I would be most unhappy with Morris about those decisions. Made no sense to me.

Thank you for this because that is perfectly sums up how I felt about Chad Morris decisions. I don't know what is going through that guys head. At least he's good at recruiting but sometimes I think he's needs to go to other schools and do a Q&A on how to coach.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:18 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
ReedFrawg wrote:Different game with Matt davis in there. Think our offense would have worn your defense down but your offense could have put up more points.

I couldn't believe Morris punted from the 36 and then tried for a FG on 4th and 1. That was disturbing to me as a TCU fan...couldn't believe he wasn't willing to go for it. Nothing to lose. I would be most unhappy with Morris about those decisions. Made no sense to me.

Thank you for this because that is perfectly sums up how I felt about Chad Morris decisions. I don't know what is going through that guys head. At least he's good at recruiting but sometimes I think he's needs to go to other schools and do a Q&A on how to coach.

The FG decision was absolutely baffling.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ReedFrawg » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:29 pm

gostangs wrote:i think he has seen Kenny Hill doing stupid things all year, and thought if we stayed close we would get a break. I agree with you on the those being wrong decisions - but understand why he did it. I think most people that wait on Kenny Hill to do something stupid will win their bet. We just aren't quiet there with the pressure.

Hill has 1500 yds passing, has accounted for 12 TDs and 4 INT. Either way I thought Morris was way too conservative.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:29 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

The FG decision was absolutely baffling.

You can count me as one of the fans booing Chad for that. Just my goodness, I wonder if someone will ask him that in the post game interview because I would love to hear his rationality or lack thereof.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:32 pm

Even with Mrydel explaining why Chad was not going for it on 4th downs, I still don't see it. We are not going to beat TCU with field goals. He gets so conservative in those situations. I don't understand his reasoning.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:58 am

Now Arkpony that is not right. The only time I said he should have kicked a FG was the opening drive. I said he could not go away with no points after moving that far down the field. The late FG attempt you questioned whether the kid had enough leg and I said he did but I doubted his accuracy, and was right.

And you do not go for it on 4th down and 3 early in the game in your own territory.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby footballdad » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:03 am

320 yards and 3 points, against a TCU defense that has given up a ton. Offensive guru?
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby indianmustang » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:48 pm

21 nfl scouts at the game
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:59 pm

footballdad wrote:320 yards and 3 points, against a TCU defense that has given up a ton. Offensive guru?

Troll bait.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
footballdad wrote:320 yards and 3 points, against a TCU defense that has given up a ton. Offensive guru?

Troll bait.

You were already chosen as the moron that has basically ruined the board. Such a [deleted] you can't even acknowledge it, when everyone screams it to your face.

It's footballdad's fault, yeah but footballdad.., but football dad said ***** 2 months ago.

What a clueless clown you are.

Carry on Pony Girl :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Arkpony » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:35 pm

mrydel wrote:Now Arkpony that is not right. The only time I said he should have kicked a FG was the opening drive. I said he could not go away with no points after moving that far down the field. The late FG attempt you questioned whether the kid had enough leg and I said he did but I doubted his accuracy, and was right.

And you do not go for it on 4th down and 3 early in the game in your own territory.

Ummm...Uhhh...OK!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Haha. Even Morris said he should have gone for it on the missed FG play.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:45 pm

footballdad wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:

Troll bait.

You were already chosen as the moron that has basically ruined the board. Such a [deleted] you can't even acknowledge it, when everyone screams it to your face.

It's footballdad's fault, yeah but footballdad.., but football dad said ***** 2 months ago.

What a clueless clown you are.

Carry on Pony Girl :lol:

Ha [deleted] I'm worth 10 times what youre worth in this board. You're just a mindless troll that comes to destroy whatever is left of this board and have no affiliation to SMU whatsoever. You've never given a single dollar to SMU, why are you here [deleted]?
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby whitwiki » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:33 pm

I have a twelve inch [deleted]. Around
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby BigT3x » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:24 pm

You're all losers.
BigT3x
All-American